One Freakin' Day? Is it even possible?

Options
Hi there
yesterday morning I was SOOO proud because I woke up and 203.3 lbs! I had been working out the past two previous week,s following higher protein, lower carb, lots of water, no soda and not eating at night past 7:30 pm (my biggest downfall.) I was down almost 8 lbs and feeling pretty excited. I was even thinking maybe I could see Onederland by Monday.
I went to a 4th of July picnic yesterday. It was fun - had the best time ever!
They had typical bbq fare. I drank sweet tea, chips, had a hamburger with a bun, some pasta salad and even some beans. I figured it's one day. I had watermelon too. I did also drink my water and we played in the pool a good bit. No alcohol.
OMG this morning the scale said 110.1!!!!!! Can you say devastated? I am sure that's gotta be the sodium and water retention right? I mean... 7lbs in one day?
Has anyone ever had this much of a jump? I don't want to get discouraged but I am! I know I just need to realize that it was one day and jump right back on that horse this morning. I know this is the right mantra but ugh so disheartened..
Thanks!

Replies

• LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Water weight. You did NOT gain 7lbs of fat from one day of eating over maintenance.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Water weight. You did NOT gain 7lbs of fat from one day of eating over maintenance.

This.

Your body can fluctuate +/- at least 5 lbs a day. Did you eat 24,500 calories OVER maintenance?
  • adeleearls
    adeleearls Posts: 14 Member
    Options

This.

Your body can fluctuate +/- at least 5 lbs a day. Did you eat 24,500 calories OVER maintenance?

I dunno. I mean, I DID have fun. But hahhaa not probably not 24K+ calories.

So how long is it going to take to shed this water weight and what do I need to do?
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

This.

So how long is it going to take to shed this water weight and what do I need to do?

Unless you're trying to make weight for some kind of competition, don't worry about it. Water weight comes and goes. Maintain a moderate calorie deficit, exercise, and you'll be fine. :flowerforyou:
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

This.

Drink water, give it a few days and relax.
  • freakhazerd2424
    freakhazerd2424 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like you ate so much that you could of gained that kinda weight. It must be water weight. I never weigh myself for a few days after a day like that becouse it is to disheartening to see the weight gain for me even if i know it's water weight
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    The extra sodium will contribute to water retention plus the ever famous " Food baby" im up 8 pounds from yesterday and 1 inch on my waist ;)

General it takes me about 4 days to get rid of my water weight after a naughty food day
  • bease418
    bease418 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's water weight. I know when I have a high sodium day will take me few days to get rid of. It is just part of living your life. And I am glad you enjoyed your 4th of July. You are ok and drinks a lot more water today. It will drop off fast. :)
  • adeleearls
    adeleearls Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The extra sodium will contribute to water retention plus the ever famous " Food baby" im up 8 pounds from yesterday and 1 inch on my waist ;)

General it takes me about 4 days to get rid of my water weight after a naughty food day

YES! My belly is totally 'food baby' like this morning.

OK! Thanks everyone! Going back to normal - water, better food choices. All will be well.

Thanks! Enjoy your weekend!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Water weight.

Don't worry about it. Keep in a calorie deficit, keep working out, keep hydrated, keep calm...
  • olletho
    olletho Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    PMS does that to me without any of the fun. Be glad you had the fun! :-)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Weighing yourself every day can be useful but you need to be able to detach yourself from those numbers and except that there could be a huge difference from one day to the next. if you are unable to mentally do this you need to be weighing yourself less otherwise you'll just drive yourself crazy. I weighed every day for around 9 months and it was useful following the trends and just filing the figures away. Now I have slowed my weightloss as I have very little left to lose so I'm now only weighing every 3 weeks or so because the speed I am losing weight now those daily figures are pretty useless and all they do is annoy me and make me doubt.

You need to have the right mindset to weigh daily and it sounds like you haven't.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    yesterday morning I was SOOO proud because I woke up and 203.3 lbs! I had been working out the past two previous week,s following higher protein, lower carb, lots of water, no soda and not eating at night past 7:30 pm (my biggest downfall.) I was down almost 8 lbs and feeling pretty excited. I was even thinking maybe I could see Onederland by Monday.
    I went to a 4th of July picnic yesterday. It was fun - had the best time ever!
    They had typical bbq fare. I drank sweet tea, chips, had a hamburger with a bun, some pasta salad and even some beans. I figured it's one day. I had watermelon too. I did also drink my water and we played in the pool a good bit. No alcohol.
    OMG this morning the scale said 110.1!!!!!! Can you say devastated? I am sure that's gotta be the sodium and water retention right? I mean... 7lbs in one day?
    Has anyone ever had this much of a jump? I don't want to get discouraged but I am! I know I just need to realize that it was one day and jump right back on that horse this morning. I know this is the right mantra but ugh so disheartened..
    Thanks!

Yes I just got over a food baby myself lol Increase water intake and forgive yourself

One mistake people make is focusing on perfection My weight goes up and down but over time the up is less high and the down is much lower

also learn from this: what made you retain? salt? Beer? pizza (omg pizza makes me retain)

drink a gallon of water for the next few days and dont beat yourself up for enjoying food ever