cheap clean breakfast ideas?

Options
shaddowstorm
shaddowstorm Posts: 155 Member
anyonw know of easy cheap low calorie breaky ?

Replies

• Clare1172
    Clare1172 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Porridge oats. I buy the smartprice ones and make them with mostly water, bit milk and add bananas in.
  • TLShore
    TLShore Posts: 1
    Options
    2 egg whites,1/8 cup bell pepper, 1/8 cup onion, 1/4 cup spinach, 1/8 cup mushroom, 1 oz soft goat cheese. Microwave for 60 seconds. Stir. Microwave again for 30 seconds. continue in 15 seconds bursts until firmness of eggs you wish is achieved. 120 calories. I make 6 servings of this as I make my Sunday breakfast using the little microwave egg cooker. I put them in the fridge and grab 1 each morning to take to work with me. Keeps me out of the cafeteria, eating right and saving money.
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Every other day I have a smoothie:

1 cup skim milk
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1 banana
    2 tablespoons PB2 powdered peanutbutter

It's under 300 calories and is so yummy!

The other days I have two scrambled eggs and a slice of toast with jelly. Also under 400 calories.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I have restrictions due to silent reflux, so I just changed my breakfast to

2 scrambled eggs
    1 protein shake with a banana and 2/4 cups of milk and 22g of bluebonnet dual action protein powder 22g. Almost as good as my beloved oatmeal and nuts and fruit.
  • alibee81
    alibee81 Posts: 62
    Options
    You can't go wrong with porridge!
  • kevinbreen2
    Options
    Steel Cut Oats. 150 calories with water. Takes me two minutes in a microwave with non-microwave steel cut oats. I've grown strangely fond of them without having to add any flavorings.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats, frozen berries, and I add crushed hemp hearts.....and cinnamon.
  • lunastardust777
    Options
    2 egg whites,1/8 cup bell pepper, 1/8 cup onion, 1/4 cup spinach, 1/8 cup mushroom, 1 oz soft goat cheese. Microwave for 60 seconds. Stir. Microwave again for 30 seconds. continue in 15 seconds bursts until firmness of eggs you wish is achieved. 120 calories. I make 6 servings of this as I make my Sunday breakfast using the little microwave egg cooker. I put them in the fridge and grab 1 each morning to take to work with me. Keeps me out of the cafeteria, eating right and saving money.
    [/quote

this sounds awesome! minus the goat cheese..
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with cinnamon, a little fruit, and a little (Rice/Soy) Milk :)
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Yogurt + granola

Shred potato into pan with a bit of oil, add meat and veggies as desired, saute. When potatoes are done, add a couple beaten eggs, add seasonings as desired. Pig out on this stuff with some hot sauce.

Cut up a bunch of fruits into a big fruit salad

Apple and peanut butter

Trail mix

Smoothies

And of course, oats!
  • thinmburky
    thinmburky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A cup of lowfat almond/coconut milk, a half frozen banana, a handful of frozen mango, a handful of fresh spinach, a spear of pineapple, a dash of coconut extract. You don't taste the spinach - it tastes like a pina colada. YUM!
  • Bekkahs_Life
    Bekkahs_Life Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A cup of lowfat almond/coconut milk, a half frozen banana, a handful of frozen mango, a handful of fresh spinach, a spear of pineapple, a dash of coconut extract. You don't taste the spinach - it tastes like a pina colada. YUM!

Thanks for sharing this... sounds great & I'm going to try it!! :drinker:
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    porridge/oatmeal not the flavoured stuff :)
    Natural yoghurt/granola
    Fresh fruit
    Eggs
    :3
  • lookaheadfcsus
    Options
    Eggs. So much good stuff in those.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and peanut butter