What do you think about when you work out?

Options
I throw myself into fantasy land and think about how good I will look when I meet my goal and imagine myself with someone I have a crush on .. the story goes on and on in my head and next thing you know my time is up on the treadmill or in the pool .. what do you think of when you are working out??

Replies

• izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Nothing. That's why I do love working out. My mind switches off. I guess this is why after a workout I'd feel totally rested, all stress gone, all worries gone.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Ugh, smash, break ****, Ergh, pant, pant, down with the sickness, pant pant, Ergh!!!!
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Ugh, smash, break ****, Ergh, pant, pant, down with the sickness, pant pant, Ergh!!!!

LMAO
  • klight1236
    klight1236 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I do something similar except I make up episodes of my favorite shows. Like i'll see the walking dead put my own characters in it with the original cast and go. That passes the time real quickly.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    .... come on fatty move your @$$, ok now that's better, ugh, am I really bored (running), seriously self?, think of something awesome already, ugh, I need to wash clothes when I get home, and do dishes, and what am I going to eat when I get out of here, hmmm what time is it?, ugh, imma die, gasp gasp, oh dear Lord, come on, you got this, ok ok 20 more seconds, you can do anything for 20 seconds..... And breathe

On a side note - my brain wanders a LOT and I look at what other people are doing or focus on not tripping and falling LOL :laugh:
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    The people who try to hold me back and dont believe in me!!!! I'm like Lester Burnham from American Beauty, "Thats.....what.....you.....think!!!" Yeah, him only less creepy ;)
  • sallychristmas84
    sallychristmas84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Same here! Because I'm focusing on what I'm doing (proper form, technique, not falling off the elliptical etc), it doesn't leave much room for anything else. Every now and then an idea or thought will float in- and I'll have a brilliant idea, which I think comes from not thinking :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    baseball
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I listen to my Zombies, Run! app while working out, so I'm mostly not thinking during story times, just listening. Then, during the music portions I'm either "singing" along or wishing the song would be over so I can have more story time. :)
  • gardengirl40
    gardengirl40 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Nothing, or breathing in and out, or maybe wondering if time has stopped and that's why my lungs feel like they're going to fall out of my body but the timer I set on my mobile still hasn't gone off. Or if I really desperate, I'm singing 'something inside so strong' in my head, but since I only know some of the lyrics it doesn't make a whole lot of sense!:happy:
  • amyenman1
    amyenman1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    not approriiate hi is amyenman don.t you stop
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    .... come on fatty move your @$$, ok now that's better, ugh, am I really bored (running), seriously self?, think of something awesome already, ugh, I need to wash clothes when I get home, and do dishes, and what am I going to eat when I get out of here, hmmm what time is it?, ugh, imma die, gasp gasp, oh dear Lord, come on, you got this, ok ok 20 more seconds, you can do anything for 20 seconds..... And breathe

On a side note - my brain wanders a LOT and I look at what other people are doing or focus on not tripping and falling LOL :laugh:

great sense of humor lol!!!!
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Usually it goes like this, "it is only 5 reps, oh wow, this is heavier than I thought, feet right?, lower back, deep breath, now or never, knees, back arch, back arch, lower, legs, legs, oh ****, only 4 more to go....and repeat.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I shut my brain off and zone out completely. I love it.
  • aprilmenzies1
    aprilmenzies1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Usually "pep talk" myself to keep going, no your not going to be sick or faint or die but if you do the kids know to call 999! Keep going you know you will feel much better after this last workout only 2 more to go until next rest day! Or if I am feeling really bad while doing it I curse poor Jillian Michaels for inventing the 30 day shred!
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Not much. Especially if the endorphins kick in. It's easy to just let go, turn off my brain and let my legs keep moving. Then when I'm finished, I feel crazy relaxed. It's almost meditation for me.
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Nothing. That's why I do love working out. My mind switches off. I guess this is why after a workout I'd feel totally rested, all stress gone, all worries gone.

I wish I'd seen yours before I posted! It's exactly the same for me.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    1. Don't die.

2. Don't get injured

3. Burn baby burn

4. This feels great.... I'm exhausted......... This feels great!!!!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Recently while biking I was thinking about what it would mean if dolphins had an abstract language. They'd need an imagination as part of this package. (Because otherwise how do you utilize what someone is telling you about something that isn't in your direct view/experience.) And I'd bet this would result in their own mythologies as they try to explain the world they experience.

So I imagine they might think something like "the air is a sacred/heavenly place where divine beings exist." It sustains their life, they'd have to know this much about it. And since they are mere mortals not possessing divine powers, when they try to enter this plane they are unable to stay there and are pushed back out of it, and into the water. And when they release any of this air into the water, it immediately returns to its sacred home, the sky.

Maybe this is why they so enjoy jumping out of the water... they are interacting with their creator(s) and this is a religious experience for them. Maybe they think those of us who can stay up in the air or float on the water are some sort of divine beings. Maybe this is why when a human is struggling in the water or being threatened by sharks they try to protect/help us.

Or maybe they see air-breathing as some sort of special thing, like this separates them from the primitive/inferior fishes who cannot breathe air because they are not demi-gods like dolphins.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    baseball

Do your workouts last longer as a result?

But what do you think about when playing baseball?