juicing but hate veg

Options
Hi all.

I've just started juicing and its been quite difficult trying to find something that I like. I'm not a fan of veg so thought I'd try and get some into my diet.
After some experimenting, I've finally found a blend that is really nice. 5 carrots, 2 sticks of celery, two apples and about 5cm of ginger.
I've replaced my breakfast and lunch with two of these juices and I've lost 3lbs in 2 days. Obviously this is probably down to calorie deficit, but I feel good and I'm not necessarily trying to lose any weight.
My main question is, is this a healthy way to live?

Replies

• LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

I've just started juicing and its been quite difficult trying to find something that I like. I'm not a fan of veg so thought I'd try and get some into my diet.
    After some experimenting, I've finally found a blend that is really nice. 5 carrots, 2 sticks of celery, two apples and about 5cm of ginger.
    I've replaced my breakfast and lunch with two of these juices and I've lost 3lbs in 2 days. Obviously this is probably down to calorie deficit, but I feel good and I'm not necessarily trying to lose any weight.
    My main question is, is this a healthy way to live?

No.

Use the forum search, theres threads after threads of juicing and their negative effects and image on this forum.

If you want to add jucing to your diet thats great, but why replace food with liquid? You said you are not out to lose weight but you are likely to binge eat when you finally come off juicing. There are no advantages to juicing over eating.

Is there any particular veg you dislike eating or is it generally all veg?
  • kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a nice recipe, will try it.

I wouldn't live off juice myself. Something about fructose and how it affects the liver (if I get more specific, I'd likely get it wrong).
  • TwelfthLady
    TwelfthLady Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm no nutrition expert but I heard a doctor once say that juice gives your body just a straight instant jolt of sugar whereas if you just eat the whole fruit itself your body has to break down the fiber in it and thus gets the sugar in a more steady process rather than in one instant surge of sugar....please correct me if I'm wrong but it's what made me give up juice altogether because it seemed logical to me.