NSVs? Let's share them!

Options

Replies

• twrobbel
    twrobbel Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    After my water aerobics class, I got on the treadmill at the gym and began to run for the first time ever! For 50 minutes I ran one minute and then speed walked for three minute intervals. Except for my hamstring cramping everytime I ran, it wasn't bad. My cardio is in my better shape then my leg muscles apparently. Today gave me hope that I will actually be able to RUN the Color Run in October.
  • kzertuche
    kzertuche Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    90 days sober, and my morning run didn't hurt at all, if I didn't have to go to work I could have gone further.
  • Sonshine1296
    Sonshine1296 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too with the same issue. It's been quite a while since a real one so I am basically thrilled.
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Mine is how great I've been feeling since starting the 30 day shred on the 1st! I missed yesterday because I was so busy and found that I had a harder time getting to sleep that night, ate worse, and then today felt like crap so I got my shred in and feel 10x better! I've always wondered how people are so down about missing a day of exercise, I'm only a few in and I'm already feeling the benefits!!
    I'm so excited and I hope this keeps up because my end month goal is that I'll be so used to working out nearly every day that I'll want to keep it up as I've never been a very active person without feeling like working out was a chore, and this gives me hope that even though it's early, it can happen and I'll workout because I WANT to!
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    So many of them lately but my favorite - seeing actual arm muscles - they're actually there!!!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I maintained my regular exercise routine despite it being a holiday. I also stayed within calorie goal despite it being a holiday and having a meal I love but avoid (chicken over rice from the food cart) because I ate to include that meal. Oh! And while we were out shopping I almost bough a snack (snackwell cookies) because I was getting hungry, but reminded myself I was going to have my "special" meal.
  • Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just realized a couple of days ago that my acne has went away. I contribute this to my new lifestyle choices because nothing else has worked in the last ten years (although I never tried actual medicine for it). That alone is worth keeping this up for :)
  • Sierra_christine89
    Sierra_christine89 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Size 9 skinny jeans aren't so "skinny" anymore! :)
  • saddare
    saddare Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I walked from my high school to my parents' house for the first time, ever.

I graduated 14 years ago. :laugh:

My town is NOT walker-friendly, at all. No sidewalks, very few crosswalks. :grumble: We were always bussed to school. It's about 2.5 miles one-way.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    My niece took a picture of me holding her little boy today. It was probably the first picture I've had of myself that I didn't cringe when I saw it! I posted it as my profile pic on Facebook. Almost immediately I got a text from a friend I haven't seen in about 2 years asking me how much weight I had lost. Also… even though I was out of town for the holiday and away from the gym… I chose to walk from my sisters house to the parade route… about a mile. Not a huge workout for me… but it was something I never would have done in the past!
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I ran my first practice half-marathon the other day - 1:53:20!
    Also I went shopping for holiday clothes yesterday and the size 10 (UK) stuff is comfortable, verging on loose :)
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Today I did 20 lunges continuously without falling all over the place. I guess my core is getting strong. Also i didn't wince when i heard ''lunge''.
  • WatchJenShrink
    WatchJenShrink Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I stood up and my pj pants fell down. LOL
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Got complimented on my workout at my new gym today was dying over a kettlebell at the time lol.
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    This week my daughter asked why my pants were so long, and it is because they are sliding down a bit because they're now a little bigger than what I need. I also fit into an airplane seat with room to spare and could buckle the seatbelt and pull it some.
  • meyowtime
    meyowtime Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This week I have been able to fit into the next size down in jeans and get them off without unbuttoning. I'm noticing I fit into chairs easier and am able to wear some shirts that were impossible to put on a few months ago.
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My oldest daughter said her mate thinks I'm really skinny, one of the fire officers asked if I'd lost loads of weight, consultant asked how much I'd lost and said that often people lose weight and don't look right but I looked a picture of health and glowed.
    Another person at work is now on mfp because I'm such an inspiration and so she wants to now lose weight, think half my staff will be dieting at this rate..

Have just done a 2 hour bike ride with daughters, middle one asked "how come your still full of energy and not tired". Also I was the only one who biked up every hill without stopping.

My underwear is all nice now and it makes me feel sexy.

Feel my nsv' s are flowing over...
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Bought shorts for the first time in years and years and wore them around town. I was told they are super cute! SCORE!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    2925f2x.jpg
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    - my workout shirt doesn't fit like a second skin anymore
    - my HRM watch closes now 2-3 holes closer than when I got it (three month ago)
    - two trousers and one shirt not possible to wear anymore, as they became too big
    - two trousers are fitting again

:bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!