Teavana anyone?

Options
DJ7203
DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
I just purchased the Teavana perfect tea maker. But, I'm not sure what my first tea should be to purchase. What are everyone's favorites from there?

Replies

• Carross1018
    Options
    Love teavana!
    Right now I am drinking one that's chocolate and orange, it's yummy.
    Operas chai is really nice too.

It really all depends on what you like!
    They have some really nice cold teas too like raspberry lemonade.
  • tafournier
    tafournier Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Phoenix Pearl Jasmine Green Tea....smooth, soothing.....and it's really cool to see the little pearl balls of tea turn into huge tea leaves that look like phoenix after 3 minutes of steeping;)
  • maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have a perfect tea maker at home and a smaller one at work. I LOVE their teas. My favorites are the "White Chocolate Peppermint" and the "Qi 'Lan Fireside Oolong." The WCP may only be available around the holidays though.

The Monkey Oolong is to die for but is outrageously expensive in my opinion. They do run sales at times and I picked-up a 19.4 oz. can of the WCP (normally $96) on sale at 50% off.

I find trying out the flavors that they have brewed in the store to be a real help in deciding which flavors to get. Good luck!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I like youthberry. It's the only teavana tea I like, the rest of the teas I like are from David's, and I swap around all the time
  • maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    We also have a Keurig machine and one of the salespeople at Teavana told me that the temperature of the hot water in this machine is the right temperature for brewing the tea.

If I had to boil water on the stove I just wouldn't bother, but using my Keurig machine makes making the tea a breeze. I just have to be sure to remember to set the timer or I will end up over brewing the tea (and that is simply a crime when that happens).
  • janellyf
    janellyf Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a perfect tea maker at home and a smaller one at work.

Me, too! I am addicted and love the perfect tea maker.

I just ordered the Breville Perfect tea maker. It's my splurge/reward for meeting my recent running goal and I can't wait for it to come!
  • janellyf
    Options
    I admit to being a total tea snob and pretty much drinking only teavana.

Once you get the taste of high quality tea, you won't go back.

Depending on my mood and if I want hot or iced tea, I find myself enjoying these favs:

MAHARAJA CHAI OOLONG TEA - My all time fav! It is a flavorful tea and can be strong.
    Strawberry lemonade - the perfect summer iced tea

For a dessert replacement I often use:
    Coco Caramel Sea Salt
    Chocolate Bananas Foster

And in the perfect tea maker or a glass tea pot, try:

Peach Momotaro Artisan
    It is beautiful and will flower!

Also, the honey is worth every single penny. Especially the Hawaiian one, but it is not always available.

Enjoy!
  • janellyf
    Options
    Do you put your loose tea in one of the reusable keurig filters or do you just use the keurig to heat the water?