Will a cigar ruin a breatharian diet

Options
Go_Mizzou99
Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
Just curious.

The cigar is a Monte Cristo Toro Grande. Light wrapper.

Replies

• lookaheadfcsus
    Options
    It just might kill you if it becomes a habit, if your current diet isn't doing a good enough job at it already.

Although it could possibly count as a cheat meal. I'm in deep water here, philosophy wise.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Cuban or Dominican?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I used to be a cigar lover .. more the bigger ring gauge with a dark wrapper and full bodied ... joya de nicaragua , hoya de monteray with sumatra wrappers , cao braziliam, ashton vsg spellbounds ... gave up cigars a hand full of years ago cuz i couldnt breath anymore unfortunately.. i keep saying im going to go buy one and just have one and i never do .. dont think it has much effect on the weight so much as the lungs
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I think the tar would inhibit your photosynthesis.

Seriously hoping "breatharian" will be a self correcting problem like I was hoping emo would be.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Options
    Cuban or Dominican?

Dominican - Cubans are not legal here.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Tobacco is a plant so maybe it counts as a vegetable.

I'm just waiting cynically for the day that someone figures out how to implant chloroplasts into their skin cells (IIRC they're like mitochondria in that they have their own DNA and reproduce within the cells and so will be in daughter cells that come from the original cells you implant them into) and actually tries to live off sunlight. This also makes me think of the X-men movies, but I don't think it would end so well.
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    c58d9e76-e5c9-440c-b158-fd78423bc4f2_zps81f4eb02.jpg

Pretty much the same applies to cigars breathing wise :wink:
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Well, they put a self-identified breatharian in a room for a few days with no food. The doctor checked her vitals and said she couldn't continue. The breatharian claimed air pollution was to blame, so yeah, a cigar will definitely impact your new lifestyle. Not that it matters much, if you don't drink liquids, you'll be dead in a few days, if do but eat nothing and take no vitamins, you'll be a goner in a few weeks to a few months, so go ahead and have your cigar. And enjoy picking out your skinny coffin, cause it's a great diet for weight loss. Best evah!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    A cigar wont ruin your diet, just possibly your social life. Stinky stinky...lol...
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Options
    Well, they put a self-identified breatharian in a room for a few days with no food. The doctor checked her vitals and said she couldn't continue. The breatharian claimed air pollution was to blame, so yeah, a cigar will definitely impact your new lifestyle. Not that it matters much, if you don't drink liquids, you'll be dead in a few days, if do but eat nothing and take no vitamins, you'll be a goner in a few weeks to a few months, so go ahead and have your cigar. And enjoy picking out your skinny coffin, cause it's a great diet for weight loss. Best evah!

Why so serious? I was just curious in the fashion like ... does water count as water if you add lemon to it? I also had to wipe my hands before typing because of the 2 strips of bacon I just ate. (yep - trolling - lol)
  • LambrettaVVespa
    LambrettaVVespa Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I feel dumb for only just noticing the humour in this thread. Damn.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I feel dumb for only just noticing the humour in this thread. Damn.

:laugh: @ the priceless look on your face in your profile pic as I read your response :drinker:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

LOL I would have thought she would have made the lack of direct sunlight her excuse for it not working.

Follow up study: put breatharian in one of those old style castle keep thingies with the high walls but no ceiling, so he or she gets a sufficient amount of sunlight (plus a shelter in case it rains, I'm not cruel) with no food or possible access to food. Floor is concrete to prevent the consumption of insects or similar. Ensure that the location of this place is far from any air pollution, so that they have totally fresh air and sunlight. Also make sure that the water is the purest spring water available (or do they claim they can live without water too? because even plants can't do that). A doctor to supervise, of course.

Null hypothesis: humans are not plants and do not possess chloroplasts therefore will not be able to make food from water, sunlight and fresh air only, therefore the participant will lose weight until the doctor declares it unsafe to continue with the study.

Any breatharians want to disprove my null hypothesis?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I think a breatharian diet will ruin a good cigar.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    In Soviet Russia, breatharian diet ruin YOU!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    In Soviet Russia, breatharian diet ruin YOU!

:laugh:

(loves a good Soviet Russia reversal joke... thank you Family Guy for creating it)
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Just eat some cauliflower and water cleanse. :drinker:
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Only if you inhale.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

Why so serious? I was just curious in the fashion like ... does water count as water if you add lemon to it? I also had to wipe my hands before typing because of the 2 strips of bacon I just ate. (yep - trolling - lol)

Not serious, I just thought it was an amusing little youtube video. I wish we ran on solar power, personally. But alas, we don't.