Morning or Evening Workout

Options
TMattP
TMattP Posts: 49 Member
Hello All.

I mostly work out in the evenings but recently I've had a few sessions in the morning.

My morning sessions are hopeless.

I'm quicker and feel much stronger when I work out later in the day. Anyone got any ideas what I may be doing wrong? I was wondering if I'm not filling the energy tank enough before my morning workout. Could that be the case?

BTW workout for me is Cycling and Running.

Replies

• izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    What you think you might be doing wrong? Nothing. Your body just prefers the later workouts, so is your brain. All people are different when it comes to this. :)

I personally prefer evenings - during the week for me is simply absurd to workout before work, so as soon as I get back I get into my workout (DVDs). But on the weekends or holidays, if I'm not totally braindead and I don't mind not sleeping in, I do the occasional workout in the mornings - nothing crazy early 9am-ish, but still in the morning. But those are usually roller blades or bike, outside :)
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    my wish is to do it early in the am around six am ..but never quite get around to it till late morning or late afternoon ..dont know why but im up 5-6am and never seem to be able to get motivated right away ..guess its all about just doing it ...
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    you just aren't used to it. if you worked out early regularly your body would adapt and you'd feel strong as hell in the morning. or fast as hell since we're talking about cardio,
  • lucirebecca
    lucirebecca Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I find the same but just push through it. I workout 90% of the time starting somewhere between 6am - 7am (depending on where I am going and what I am doing). Occasionally I'll workout in the afternoon or evening and every time I feel better and find it easier to challenge myself.

I figure the reason is that at 6am I have been up for 15 minutes after 6-8hours of laying still - muscles are still very much asleep, as is the brain! If you have time, add in slower build up warm-ups first thing... that tends to sort the feeling out for me :)