What do you think about when you work out?

Options

Replies

• ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Bar

Weights

Form

Foolishness

My brain is small can't cope with anything else, can't even tell you the music that was pumping in my ears from 5 hours ago.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I'm ashamed to say this, but all the other stuff I need to be doing that day because every hour I work out is taking time away from correcting papers, lesson plans, housecleaning, errands, etc. It's one of the reasons I do yoga -- to turn my brain off.
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day and the workout, haha. Usually it's "almost there baby, almost there, five minutes left, you can do it." Or "bringing sexy back, yeah..."

But if I'm pissed, a lot of ranting in my head.

If I'm running just to chill, then nothing.
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Varies greatly.

Sometimes I'm thinking through a work problem, usually problem solved by the Time I've finished.
    Sometimes I'm really pushing self, looking at all the bad body bits and saying come on to myself, get moving and other less kind ways of motivating self. If you want to be slim you better work harder than this...
    Sometimes it's my to do list, including what we will be eating that week
    Sometimes I'm lost in music
    Sometimes I'm people watching, what others are doing so I can learn new stuff, especially if it's a trainer working with someone
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Less jiggle! :)

Kaela x
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Ugh, smash, break ****, Ergh, pant, pant, down with the sickness, pant pant, Ergh!!!!

lol!

I do that when I do my strength training, but when I take zumba I'm trying to recognize the dance steps because I'm a newbie zumba instructor and need to learn how people go from one step to the next Also I'm trying to identify the dance steps.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    when lifing i dont think about anything. i usually pick a spot to focus on in front of me and get it done. while running, for the first 5 minutes i try to focus on something other than my body because i tend to subconsciously come up with all kinds of excuses to stop forgot to pee, is that ankle pain?, is my shirt riding p? etc) after that i'm good to focus on the wind on my face. during other cardio i focus on "sweet baby jesus help me get through the next x minutes of this boring *kitten* workout" :laugh:
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Elbows in, wrists straight, two front knuckles, jab-cross-hook-straight, foot-hip-shoulder...
    Or Valsalva, back neutral and locked, don't tuck, reset, yesyoucandothisagain...

That's about all I can wrap my head around when working out, and I usually don't cover all of that. Most of the time it's more like dontstopholysh*tbreathe.
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I listen to music in other languages that I'm learning. Having to focus on that kind of perceptive info is a good distraction from fatigue lol
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    "when's it going to end"
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I think about my own booty and how round and beautiful it will be when I am done. Or sexy sculpted arms with no bat wings and shoulders that my husband can't stop kissing.
    Unless there is a hot guy,then I think of his booty and arms!:smokin:
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    up .. up .. up ... up ... ( repeat about 50 times ) .. ohmygod up ... ohmygod up ... omygod up ( repeat 15 times ) f**k ... f**k ... f**k ( repeat until ... oh thank god time up

( the mind of a competitive kettle bell lifter in training )
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I am a long distance runner so epiphanies happen quite a bit on my runs. Or I think about random stupid questions and come up with b/s answers. Or...I will think about my other runs coming up or races. My head really is full of random randomness.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Lifting:

"Okay, what's my working weight?" checks logs "Oh yeah." puts on weights 'Okay, feet in the right place, back straight. Is everything set up right? Yeah, okay, step back Tight legs, tight butt, knees stable, tight abs and DOWN! Straight back, straight back, get low, don't lean forward, tight butt, tight legs, UP! Keep it tight, straight back, almost there, flex everything!'

"One."

And repeat. It varies slightly depending on the exercise.

Running:

'Ugh... only 5 minutes so far? Ugh, only 10 minutes so far? Ugh, only 12 minutes so far? Oh, look, that cricket is HUGE! Ugh, only 15 minutes so far. I really need to mow this part of the track, the spear grass is really collecting on my socks and shoes. Ugh, 20 minutes, only 10 minutes left! Ugh, 22 minutes. Okay, I'm not goig to look at the time until I finish this lap. Woot! 2 minutes left!'

"I'm glad I got that done with for the day. You're welcome, heart."

Walking:
    Everything, anything, nothing.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Lifting:

"Okay, what's my working weight?" checks logs "Oh yeah." puts on weights 'Okay, feet in the right place, back straight. Is everything set up right? Yeah, okay, step back Tight legs, tight butt, knees stable, tight abs and DOWN! Straight back, straight back, get low, don't lean forward, tight butt, tight legs, UP! Keep it tight, straight back, almost there, flex everything!'

"One."

Running:

'Ugh... only 5 minutes so far? Ugh, only 10 minutes so far? Ugh, only 12 minutes so far? Oh, look, that cricket is HUGE! Ugh, only 15 minutes so far. I really need to mow this part of the track, the spear grass is really collecting on my socks and shoes. Ugh, 20 minutes, only 10 minutes left! Ugh, 22 minutes. Okay, I'm not goig to look at the time until I finish this lap. Woot! 2 minutes left!'

Walking:

Get the hell out of my brain!!!
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I do mostly strenght training so I really focus on the form. I literally visualize the muscles I'm suppose to be working and make sure they ache. And I count, reps. During rest I sing along with my ipod and look around to see what other people are doing, yes, I'm creepy that way.
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Lifting:

"One."

Running:

Walking:

Exaclty, but I don't run. For the reasons you have clearly stated here :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I throw myself into fantasy land and think about how good I will look when I meet my goal and imagine myself with someone I have a crush on .. the story goes on and on in my head and next thing you know my time is up on the treadmill or in the pool .. what do you think of when you are working out??

Boobs.

Hunting.

Another trip to Rio.
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Mostly trying not to drop dead. When i work out using dvds, there's no scope to think anything.

My thoughts are prominent during yoga, kind of beats the whole purpose of yoga. So i mostly think ''no thoughts, breathe in, breathe out''
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Running:
    "run to there.....I got it.....I hope my mp3 player isn't getting all sweaty.....I can feel my butt jiggle...bouncy,bouncy,squirl....almost there...done " and so on.

Lifting:
    "2 reps..doesn't hurt I need more weight....6 reps.......That was a dumb move one more....I hope no one is laughing at me"

I have ADD bad so if someone was to read my mind they would get a lot of laughs.