LA Fitness - Aqua Fit class

Options
Anyone here taken the Aqua Fit swimming class offered at LA Fitness clubs? I'm going to be taking it as I want to do some strengthening in the water as Patellofemoral pain syndrome was diagnosed with, knee problems, went to therapy which helped, have to strengthen area around the knees. Have knock knees which probably contibute a little to the knee problems. Anyhow, swimming is supposed to be less impact on the knees and better than running for the knees.

I'm just curious on feedback from Aqua Fit class.

Replies

• nkeklund
    nkeklund Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Anybody?!
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I take an aqua fit at the health club in my city (not la fitness, but Im sure they are similar). The one I have been going to is called Extreme Aqua Fit. We do alot of leg work like running from side to side of the pool, running in place with high knees while using the water as resistance with arm exercises. We also use water weights for some exercises, or pool noodles as added resistance. I do not technically have knee trouble but walking/running backwards in the water was painful so I won't do that move again.

Overall, I really enjoy the class!
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have taken the class in the past but it's been a few years. I will say that as with all classes, you get out of it what you put into it. You can definitely get your heart rate up if you work at it. I'd give it a try and see how you do!
  • jerseynegrita06
    jerseynegrita06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm late...but I LOVE Aqua Fit...I too have PFS...it's very easy and it's a good work out! Your knee will still be a little sore but I know at my LA Fitness the instructor is upbeat, there are little weights for the water, fun games, and total body movement. It's awesome. I hope you're enjoying it! =)
  • Jenny9989
    Jenny9989 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm way late on this but I have the same problem and thinking about trying it soon. Did you go and how did it go for you?
  • nkeklund
    nkeklund Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's challenging but not too bad. I think the things in the class we did made me feel it more in my arms than legs.