I don't cook that often, cooking for one person

Options
any ideas for someone that does not cook? Cooking for one person.

Replies

• nort0186
    Options
    I also am not much of a cooking person, also cooking for one, I've found that the hungry girl cookbooks are great because a lot of the recipes are for 1 serving, or if for more are usually something you can freeze or refrigerate.
  • ilikeredlipstick
    ilikeredlipstick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i have a lot of luck with recipes for 2 (do a google search). If you're going to take the time to make something and count the calories, etc, you might as well get 2 meals out of it!
  • stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl is great because it is for 1 or 2.

Also, trying cooking just some of the time...what a great new thing to add to your new lifestyle and you just might enjoy it! If you find a great recipe that's for four, just cut it in half. Or, while you're standing there cooking already, make it for 4, but after cooking it, eat your one serving and split the rest up into 3 single servings in a container and freeze. Then you just need to pull out a serving from the freezer and pop it in the oven!
  • susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    I cook for one person also, and I have found that Hungry Girl cookbooks are really good and FUN!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I have a family of 4 and I cook one a week just for myself. I make my meals for the entire week for dinner on Monday night (and feed them pizza, so I can cook). I freeze or refrigerate portions so I have a rotating month, cook two weeks, eat frozen meals for two weeks. This makes is easier for me to avoid having to take the time in the evenings.

I'm using beachbody membership meals, they are all set for one person, and you can up the meals for more servings if you have more than one person to cook for at that time.
  • susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    Here you go with a receipe that sounds wonderful and easy! From Hungry Girl. Hungry Girl sends me new receipes on my E-mail. This one was this morning! Yea!

"Mac'n cheese with Broccoli"

1/2 c. uncooked macaroni
    1 box of Broccoli and Cheese Sauce from GREEN GIANT

Cook macaroni and omit salt
    Cook 1 box of Broccoli and Cheese Sauce from GREEN GIANT ( by it's self)
    Mix both cooked macaroni and the box of Broccoli and Cheese Sauce

2/3 C. is a serving
    130 calories a serving
    The receipe makes 3 servings
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I live with my boyfriend, but basically 5 days a week I just cook for myself. He is such a picky eater that I fix 4 servings of what ever I want, eat one and put the rest in containers in the freezer. That way I always have something quick I can have while he is wolfing down what ever it is he asks for on the weekends.
  • SmileSarah47
    SmileSarah47 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys very helpful YOUR THE BEST!!!