18 months - 62 lbs - 20 more to go (or something like that)

Options
missrenahope
missrenahope Posts: 44 Member
Hey everyone! I posted a while back when I had lost almost 40 lbs (back in January) and now I have officially lost 62. I got my motivation to start losing weight from this forum, so I hope that my pictures can inspire some of you! I'm 19 and 5"1, and I'm a full time college student. I live on a major budget and not a lot of time to work out when I'm at school, but I started by simply doing 20-30 minutes of cardio 4 or so times a week. Now I'm up to working out every day and lifting (let me tell you, it makes a huge difference). As you start losing more weight things seem to slow down. So, for now I'm not focusing on the scale but instead how my body feels. Although it's taken me a year and a half to lose 62 pounds, It has only taken me a year to go from a size 14 to a size 8. Slow progress is better than no progress! I have done this with absolutely NO supplements, so I'm here to tell you that it IS possible. When I started this journey, I was convinced I needed to go buy Insanity or drop hundreds of dollars on supplements to get the results I wanted. Not true. Sure, it can help, and if it works for you that's fine - but for those of you that just can't do that, I want you to know that it IS possible to succeed without emptying your wallet. Really.
This is my "clothed" before and after picture, and if you want to see more detailed pictures I have them up on my instagram @renahopefit. Keep pushing!
Pic on the left was 212, pic on the right is at 150.
23kunbs.jpg

Replies

• JoannaLouden
    JoannaLouden Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful both before and after. Congrats on the progress!
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Success is so sweet!! You look great. Stick with lifting and body weight training. Blessings!!
  • WelshyLady
    Options
    Congrats! You look fantastic.
  • Vgolding1
    Vgolding1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats on your success.
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Great going! You've done well for yourself and look terrific!
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and happy! COngratulations.
  • jdmomof3
    jdmomof3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks for sharing!
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    congrats! Your smile says it all! Awesome job! :smile:
  • jstavix
    jstavix Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing sweets! Beautiful before and after in my opinion. But, much happier in the after :)
  • Brina4777
    Brina4777 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing sweets! Beautiful before and after in my opinion. But, much happier in the after :)

^this

I could not have said it any better - congratulations! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Workinonit123
    Workinonit123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    What a cutie! Before and after!
  • Bekkahs_Life
    Bekkahs_Life Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Amazing changes... you look great!! :smile:
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Well done. Look fab
  • missrenahope
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the very inspiring story! I sometimes get frustrated with how quickly other people lose weight. Don't get me wrong I am super happy for them but I can relate to your story much better. I really believe slow and steady weight loss is good. Gives you a chance to really change and find out what works and what doesn't for you.

Congratulations! You look amazing. Love the success picture too!
  • missrenahope
    Options
    Thanks for the very inspiring story! I sometimes get frustrated with how quickly other people lose weight. Don't get me wrong I am super happy for them but I can relate to your story much better. I really believe slow and steady weight loss is good. Gives you a chance to really change and find out what works and what doesn't for you.

Congratulations! You look amazing. Love the success picture too!

Thank you so much! I agree with you. When I first started out I was really putting myself down and getting frustrated because I would see all of these people losing rapid amounts of weight in only a couple of months. It just wasn't possible for me. I DID lose rapid weight at one point, but that was at a point when I wasn't eating very much. I wasn't eating enough to the point that I didn't have any energy and I often felt like passing out. After that, I realized, "hey, you know what? I'm not following anyone's deadline but my own. I can do this slowly and still get there, and I'll be a lot healthier along the way." You're absolutely right, too. Now I know what works for me, what doesn't work, and what makes me feel good or bad.
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    Wonderful job....you look fabulous, darling!!!
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! thanks for sharing, and congratulations on your success :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!