I throw my hands up in the air sometimes!

Options
Doing a happy dance today! I ROCKED healthy eating on a holiday!

And not only a holiday, but a holiday when I worked 1pm - 6am (17 hour day and overnight shift). Surrounded by so. much. food at work and I didn't give into temptation. Kind of weird, I hit my calorie goal EXACTLY -- 1610 cals... what are the chances of that?

Anyone else dominate yesterday?? Lets celebrate!!

Replies

• gcbma
    gcbma Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!

I'm pretty darn proud of myself too. Got in a nice hike that burned plenty of calories, and ate maybe 100 of those calories back.
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Yes! With something like 50 calories to spare!

Thankfully we spent 1.5 hours in the pool and I just tread water forever b/c I knew that was the only exercise I would get! And... I got to drink a beer and have grilled pizza without guilt!
  • dlr165
    dlr165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Doing a happy dance today! I ROCKED healthy eating on a holiday!

And not only a holiday, but a holiday when I worked 1pm - 6am (17 hour day and overnight shift). Surrounded by so. much. food at work and I didn't give into temptation. Kind of weird, I hit my calorie goal EXACTLY -- 1610 cals... what are the chances of that?

Anyone else dominate yesterday?? Lets celebrate!!

WOW! Not only should you be applauded for eating right, you worked 1pm to 6am! Oh, my gosh! I would be sooooo cranky from working so many hours. Go you!
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Wow go you!

No I didn't hit any calorie goals, but I sort of consider it a win anyway. I never just let myself eat and yesterday was the first time in 6 months I ate without counting at all with no guilt at all. I'll just eat less this week to make up for it.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    This is awesome and very timely for me. Congratulations on having that kind of mental fortitude.

I actually took chicken to our friend's house yesterday so that I could avoid all the cheeseburgers and hot dogs, asked if I could get a bowl of salad for me before our host poured the dressing all over it and then ate a bunch of watermelon.

I'm all for a cheat day every now and then but I had a huge one about a week ago and I'm REALLY close to a weight loss milestone, so I didn't want to fall off the wagon on the holiday. Have to admit to feeling a little proud today.....
  • thinmburky
    thinmburky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone! July 4th is a traditional eat-fest and drink-fest! I hit my calorie deficit goal yesterday and lost about a half pound. Ate super clean, walked 5 miles and did a little bit of water aerobics to cool off. It was probably the first July 4th since I was a teenager that I didn't drink alcohol. Feels good to succeed! On to another successful day! Gosh this weight loss is a S L O W process. Goes on super fast and takes a long time to lose. Can't wait to feel great in my clothes again so VERY motivated!
  • Bekkahs_Life
    Bekkahs_Life Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I give you tons of credit for staying on course at work... with tons of food!!! My workplace always has food floating around, too, and the temptation is hard to pass up. Way to go!! :smile:
  • gnalani
    gnalani Posts: 126
    Options
    Great job everyone!!
  • veganstein
    veganstein Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yay for all you guys! I had a long hike in the morning and a TON of grilled veggies for supper! It was amazing how many barbecued peppers, broccoli and mushrooms I ate and still came in under my calorie goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!