My nonscale success yesterday

Options
carrieous
carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
So, I'm 40 and I have a very active 5 year old. Yesterday we went to the fair for 4th of July. I parked 2+ miles from the fair and pulled my 52 lb 5 year old and all our stuff in a wagon. Pulled the wagon (and kid and stuff) up a very steep hill, through the crowds multiple times, and then back down the hill jam packed shoulder to shoulder with people all the way back down the hill and 2+ miles back to our car. Also, I had to chase my daughter a few times at the fair, pick her up and bring her back to our area. We were there for 5 hours.

The entire day was enjoyable, and today I am not even sore from all the lifting and pulling. YAY for fitness and weightlifting!

Replies

• mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • rhina23
    rhina23 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
    That is something we want to do! Be healthy and have fun!
    Keep up the good work!
  • DSFfit
    DSFfit Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Those are the sort of NSV that make the hard work worth it in my opinion. Because the physical events like you described now are fun and not a chore. Great job!
  • Sierra_christine89
    Sierra_christine89 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Lol Little kids are the best workouts!! Keep up the good work! :)
  • cryptonyt
    cryptonyt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Each time I seen these success stories, it is usually about someone's change in physical appearance and amazing weight loss. This post is different, I like it. It points out the everyday benefits of being fit. That is a fantastic success story! Thank you for sharing!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. I was telling my family yesterday about where we parked and their reactions were "omg that's quite a hike- I cant believe you parked miles away" and I was thinking "that's not even really a work out for me". It was a nice walk!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!