I want to lose 150 pounds

Options
I would like some support since I`m not getting much from my family

Replies

• kayjbaskin
    kayjbaskin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! We have the same goal, I'm looking to lose 150 pounds or so :) Feel free to add me and we can keep each other motivated!
  • friendlymom48
    Options
    Hey there! I have about 80 lbs to lose myself. Feel free to add me. I'm looking for accountability partners!
  • lynnierose9
    lynnierose9 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have 200+ to go friend req u :)
  • Castiel22
    Castiel22 Posts: 33
    Options
    I have about 90lbs to loose. I'll add you
  • rosy_08
    rosy_08 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Same boat - 100+ lbs to lose. Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • AlySmith88
    AlySmith88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i am on the same boat i want to be closer to 200 but i would live to be 150 lbs less then i am now i need all the help and support and LOTS of motivation
  • rumarja
    rumarja Posts: 1
    Options
    I am in with you....100+ to lose...lets'journey on!
  • Imadorkable
    Imadorkable Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have about 120 lbs more to go. Feel free to add me for support.
  • meyowtime
    meyowtime Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Girl, I'm so in the same boat. I am aiming for 105, but could easily lose 150. Family doesn't always get it. Hang in there. :-)
  • graci0221
    graci0221 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I hear ya on the family! it seems like they always try to feed you more when you tell them you're trying to lose weight! I have about 70 more pounds to lose. feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • WelshyLady
    Options
    Sorry to hear your family isn't being very supportive! I've got 150+ to lose myself. Anyone is welcome to add me :)
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. Right now my goal is to lose about 70lbs. It will be 110 lbs before I'm considered in the healthy range though. I'll add you.
  • TrinaCanDoThis
    Options
    I need to lose 80lbs; we can motivate each other! We can do this! I'll send a friend request!
  • judeveg
    judeveg Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was once in my 20s with a lot to lose now I'm in my 40's with a lot to lose don't ever give up you can do this while you are still young. :)
  • BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i have the same goal! I might end up adjusting it to go for another 10 pound loss when I'm at my goal, but for now I'm gearing toward a 150-155 pound loss approximately. :)

It can be hard for me to find the support I need on this journey, too... I totally relate. Don't give up! We can all do this!
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am trying to loose over 100 pounds myself.
  • anewstart1011
    anewstart1011 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I too have 100-150lbs to lose my self feel free to add me :)
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    My first piece of advice is, don't automatically buy into the 1200 calorie goal. You most likely will need to eat more than that.

MFP is quite notorious for setting calorie goals FAR too low, regardless of height and weight. For example, it told me to eat 1200, and my BMR (the bare amount of calories I need to LIVE) is 1280. And I am extremely tiny, only 5 feet. So unless you are smaller than me, or bedridden, it is almost a CERTAINTY that you are eating too little. (This can result in lean muscle loss, chronic fatigue, metabolism damage, and bingeing due to over-restriction.)

Go to

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

and enter your height/weight/activity level.

Subtract 10-20% from the number it calculates for you, and that is the number of calories you should be eating a day in order to lose weight. With this method you do not eat back your exercise calories, as they are already figured into your daily goal.
  • mickiebabs
    mickiebabs Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Completely know where your coming from. My husband used to bring home candy and cookies when he knew I was dieting. Not so much anymore but it took us a long time to get to an understand of what I need to do and why he couldn't be doing that anymore. I've got 115 to go before I re-evaluate my goal. Feel free to add me.
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    100+ for me as well, feel free to add me to anyone :) It's helpful having others with similar goals along the way!

:drinker: