Drinking your calories and under reporting`

Options
2»

Replies

• Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options
    I only drink water and coffee. I log my coffee (a whopping 8 cals). No additional logging needed. ;)

Yeaaaaappp. This. :laugh:

(I have milk or almond milk maybe once a week, and I DO log those -- along with any protein shakes.)
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I log all of my drinks, coffee, creamer, sugar, protein shakes even the drinks like green tea that do not record calories just so that I know where I stand. 5 or 10 cals can make a diiference .
  • niresupernova
    Options
    I don't track beverages- but I mostly drink diet sodas or water. When I was on Weight Watchers a while ago, I realized that I wasn't drinking milk or juice because I wanted to eat my points, not drink them. I felt that I was taking an unheathly path so to avoid going totally nuts I stopped counting drinks. To compensate for the additional calorie intake I usually try to stay under my calorie goal so that my drinks are not that damaging.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I log my drinks but usually I drink water so not much to log there.
  • niresupernova
    Options
    I don't think you are doing it worng- I think you are doing it so that it helps keep you sane. I became totally OCD with logging calories or Weight Watchers points and it was not good to constantly obsess over food that nuch. I found that constantly thining about things to log made me only hungrier... I guess I'm a little crazy but it is ok since now I know that and can adjust the crazy to be a little more healthy.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    but they aren't logging any beverage at all, so they always come in under their calories.

What gives with that?

I usually have water, coffee, tea and/or milk and I log it.
    OH and of course I sometimes splurge some calories on a bourbon blitz, but that also gets logged! :flowerforyou: :drinker:

I think people have their own self-regulating measures on this site - it might look like 'cheating' ... but I think people are pretty accountable, left to their own devices...no point in fudging anything - that would be just cheating your own efforts!!
    For exercise, I decrease the HRM calorie reading only b/c it is double counting whatever is already entered under the BMR here on the site and I know some people always overcount food calories just in case - just sayin'...