1 year, 1 month 2 weeks from BMI 50 to 25. Pics.

Options
Hi team!
Thanks for sharing your success stories.:happy:
They kept me motivated, and for the shout outs 10kgs ago they kept me going for the last push. Now for maintenance.:huh:

I made my goal, normal BMI! It took 1 year 1 month and 2 weeks.
I lost 67kg or 147 ponds. Which is half my body weight.
I'm 5'4 or 165 cm

"before and after"
g75yvin.jpg
aBhwAc4.jpg
HMp9hM7.jpg?1
SWh2GJ7.jpg?1 This the rigth photo is about 10kgs ago or so.

Some stats in metrics sorry:

Theoretical weightloss based on Fitbits estimated burned calories - food eaten: 31,17 kg for 32 weeks. Actual weightloss= 31,2. So the math works. The standard calories burned formulas works for me. And My food logging appears to be accurate over time. Over and under estimates seems to even out. Weeks with less than 0,2 kg loss, 4 weeks out of 32.

Maya weightloss FAQ Stuff I get asked all the time from virtual strangers to friends and family:
1. Why did you decide to lose weight:
- Because I wasn't a healthy fat person any more. And I wasn't of an invincible 20-something and could see my lack of quality future.
2. What changed?
-I was motivated to try it for ME for the first time. Not to to please someone else idea of what was best for me or societies norms.
3. How did you do it?
- No surgery. no really no surgery. Yes I really mean it NO surgery. Clear?
Walking 10.000 every single day come rain or come shine. Following a 1.000 to 750 kcal deficit plan every single day. I've gone over maybe 7 times in a year. And never been over budget for the whole week. If you know your invited to dinner. Burn some more and cut back on the other meals that week/day. Ideally before the day before rather then after... Keeps you more motivated.
DON'T trust your gut reaction to exercises "I've been good today surely I can have one (more) ice cream. Because your dead wrong. You have to reduce caloric intake to lose weight at my speed. Using a fitbit pedometor, scales and myfitnesspal with a huuuuge database of foods was my method. So daily energy expendature - food should mean there is -1000 or -750 to loose 1kg to .7kg per week. I usually didn't eat all the calories that i "earned" so for me it was faster. SIMPLE AS THAT.
4. How come you didn't deviate from the plan?
Because i was motivated. see 1 and 2. I'm a goal oriented person and I like structure. I "hack" processes not goals. So the apps and the daily goals helped a lot.
5. What was your biggest change?
No candy, sugary drinks, alcohol, and very little cakes and desserts. And quite a reduction in carbs. Half of my plate for dinner (and almost of my lunch) is non-starchy vegetables, otherwise i eat the "same" things as before.
6. What have you eaten?
wholegrain porridge, or non sugary muesli with protein yoghurt for breakfast. Mostly raw vegetables, and a bit of protein for lunch. That is crudites and saladbar mostly. And for dinner the same as before pretty much but there are always 2 different types of vegetables. Always an afternoon snack of almonds/fruit/HALF a bar, and always a snack at 21-22. Because I'm always peckish at that time. Illogical or not. I decided to work with it not against it. So breakfast and lunch around 200-250 kcal each, Dinner ca 600, and snacks 60-200 kcal depending. Yep I always have a low calorie bar in my bag so i can change plans without resorting to fast food.
7. What was hardest?
Peer pressure to have dessert from well meaning friends and family. "You deserve it, just this once. " I wanted to have that cake, but I choose not to so back off.
8. What was your best moments:
- shopping in the normal sized section. That's a very visible change.
- doing 125 stairs in japan and not being tried and not having sore muscles the day after.
- reaching the goal.
- all cheers and congrats. So thanks everyone!
- exercising with friendsr, and all you others who have joined on occasion.
9. What was the worst moments:
- see 1.
- a few weeks when nothing happen. But they where few and far between.
- Choosing to abstain from the family traditional cake fest in advent.
- otherwise there wasn't many. It was surprisingly easy.
10. Do you feel better about yourself?
- Maybe?
Is my body better looking. Not that much. Yeah i do have more of a figure now, which is nice but this was never about size. It was about health.
- I'm no longer winded when walking up stairs, I'm not too tired when sightseeing. I'm really happy about those moments extra to experience things.
11. Do you have more energy?
- Maybe see 10.
12. how did you resist temptation?
- Goal oriented remember?
Not banning anything from my diet. But greatly reducing portion size has been key. Have 1 mini cookie not 2 huge ones. The taste is the same..
Fat, protein and fiber keeps you full longer. So less peckish.
Or i don't know i just did. Motivation...
13. Do you feel sorry for overweight people you see around town?
- from an esthetic point of view no! I sometimes worry that they might also be unhealthy. I do know some of them struggle to lose weight and I feel bad about that, because for me it was easy.
14. will you write a book?
no.
15. What have you done with all your clothes?
- charity.
16. How many sizes have you lost?
From about size 56-60 to size 38 in EU. Size 24 to 8 in US or size 30 to 10 in UK.
17. Do you have excess skin?
Yes! Bingo wings, thighs and stomach. Hopefully it will get a bit better, i think it is gradually improving. Does that stop me from losing weight? No! see 1.
18. Has others tried this?
Yep, of course check out online people but a colleague started this February and lost 20kg, So it works for guys as well as gals.
19. Why myfittnesspal?
- i found it by googling food stuff that fitbit didn't have and I always ended up on myfitnesspal. And since the too are integrated I tried it and was hooked. Much larger database of food stuff. Including Swedish/danish foods. Its much easier to convert from weight to volume than add a whole new food. F.ex extra protein yoghurt or cheasy skyr, and so on and so forth.
20. What clothes should I buy when losing weight.
- Invest in a good belt! and tool to make new holes in it. You'll need it. Pants with beltloops it will give you some extra "mileage" out of the pants. Shirts, and cardigans/pullovers. This will allow you to wear shirts that are a little too small or too big without it being too obvious. Renumber to get new bras, it gives you a better shape and less bounce... Your cup size will probably increase as the circumference decrease
21. Anymore questions feel free to ask below.. I might answer..

Replies

• george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic great job done it will inspire many people to carry on and that it can be done
  • carolynh7
    carolynh7 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    wow amazing job - what a change for the better :smile:
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Can't view the images because of my workplace's network security. Will take a look later :) From reading your post, well done :) Amazing job!
  • Lovely_Day1
    Lovely_Day1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow, You look great! You had a plan and you stuck with it. Well done!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fabulous!
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Awesome. You look fabulous.
  • Judie313
    Judie313 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an inspiration you are. You look stunning ... Well done!!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic... you could fit two of you in those trousers now!!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You look fantastic. Congrats!
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You like terrific :-)
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    FREAKING AWESOME! Good for you. I love your determination and strength. Thank you for sharing your story and inspiring others.
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree with your approach and mindset more, well done on achieving this goal. What is your next one?
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congratulations!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Fantastic job!
  • knittingayle
    knittingayle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thank you for sharing your story and your success!! What an inspiration!!
  • loseittrish
    loseittrish Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was about to give up until i read yours, congrats
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    Holy SMOKES!!! That's just amazing!!! Congratulations for all your hard work :)
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Well done. You have steamed on and pushed for success!
    I am so glad you have succeeded!!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • mareunuv
    mareunuv Posts: 23
    Options
    I couldn't agree with your approach and mindset more, well done on achieving this goal. What is your next one?

I'm going to lose 1.5 kg to have a bit of buffer and then maintain. Important to swich focus now I think and learn to eat more kcal and how that works.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!