NSVs? Let's share them!

Options

Replies

• jellybean170
    Options
    Bought a uk size 12 / us size 8 pair of trousers in zara. I had been looking at size 16 and assistant said the size you need is 12. I reluctantly went to changing room looked at said trousers and said to myself no way are they going on me as they were marked as a slim fit too. Anyways pulled them up, they not only went on but with plenty of room in waist to spare yay, I was jumping up and down in the changing cubicle.:happy:
  • nusiax
    nusiax Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I put on my old College T-shirt and it actually fit!!!!!!!
  • AnonnyM
    AnonnyM Posts: 9
    Options
    blood sugar 104, hasn't been that low in months
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Ran 5k in gym, first time in years and took 32 minutes. Have been doing a mile a few times a week and last week managed 2.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Throwing away my 'big' clothes (and wow there was a lot )
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    After my water aerobics class, I got on the treadmill at the gym and began to run for the first time ever! For 50 minutes I ran one minute and then speed walked for three minute intervals. Except for my hamstring cramping everytime I ran, it wasn't bad. My cardio is in my better shape then my leg muscles apparently. Today gave me hope that I will actually be able to RUN the Color Run in October.

That's awesome!!! You should start the C25k program. I too have the Color Run on Oct. 5 and started the c25k two weeks ago. I am repeating some of the weeks since I have until Oct. To finish it.
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I walked a 24 minute mile yesterday. A month ago I couldn't walk a mile!

My belly fat has shrunk enough so that my tshirts don't hug my belly anymore. They fall straight down from my boobs! :)
  • nevertoooldtodoit
    nevertoooldtodoit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I ran 46 minutes today without stopping! Good job everyone, these are so fun and inspiring to read!
  • kayla554
    kayla554 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Can finally fit into my size 1 shorts that I have had forever, couldn't even zip them before! I have wide hips so pants are always a struggle
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I wore shorts, belt and tucked in shirt to a concert last night. Right in front of all the humans! :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Throwing away my 'big' clothes (and wow there was a lot )

Good for you!

I have mine in the trunk of my car, cannot seem to let them go :tongue:
  • icanm
    icanm Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have been sulking for 2 days about my scale not moving. I just tried a pair of shorts that did not fit me 3 weeks back. :happy: :blushing: :blushing: it fit!! so did two of my shirts :drinker:
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Not major, but good or bad news/habits, I've logged 40 days in a row.
  • cornucopiaoflove
    cornucopiaoflove Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So, this is kind of a weird NSV, but I realized that I've lost around 25 pounds since last summer and I can tolerate the heat much more! I'm not a sweaty mess walking from the car to the shops, to meet friends, etc!
  • jdavis2675
    Options
    My NSV is that even though I didn't workout AT ALL this past week with a horrible cold, I still ate right, and managed to still lose a few pounds.
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    First day I didn't feel the need to weigh myself (I compulsively weigh myself every day). Something clicked and now I feel like I can trust that as long as I'm sticking to my calories and going to the gym, the weight will keep coming off. I'll try a scale check-in in a few weeks, maybe even a month if I can stand it that long!
  • akoorn1982
    akoorn1982 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Got a compliment yesterday that a friend of mine could really see the weight loss; funny thing is that I haven't actually lost weight since I last saw here but that my body looks more composed.

Today I managed to 'rescue' my buddy from 7m dept and swim him to shore (a good 20m swim) without any pain. That was enough to finally get me my stress&recue+ master diver certification :)
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    My corset is too big. I was actually a bit embarrassed to go to the club in it. It kept shifting when I was dancing.

Also, set up an actual "exercise date". NEVER would have dreamed of doing that a year ago.
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    This afternoon I picked up my daughter from Roskilde Festival. We have not seen each other for a few days, and she was kind of chocked... ; mum you are skinny. Thin allmost.....
    Thats the biggest LOL-happy-dance-moment for me.
    The truth is that I´m still kind of fat, but 20 kg makes a huge difference for my appearence. Love it more than what the scale tells me every morning. ;-)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Today I'm wearing the skinny jeans that I bought 2 years ago as an incentive.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!