Potato Salad

Options
I searched the topics in regards to potato salad -- but didn't really find anything concerning if it is something I should stay away from..

How BAD is it nutritional wise? I tend to use light mayo, mustard, pickles, and boiled eggs.... and of course some pepper....

Replies

• shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    You should skip the mayo and use hummus.
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    You can also decrease the calories by using cauliflower in place of potatoes.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    You could probably swap out the mayo with Greek Yogurt. I don't even like greek yogurt or yogurt for that matter and i swap it out in lots of things and can't tell a difference. Some things you can, though. Never tried it in potato salad but I might now that I'm curious.
  • louisee294
    louisee294 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation- thats what I say. Thats the joy of calorie counting, you can have whatever you want, so long as its portion controlled and counted. :-)
  • Tonya84
    Tonya84 Posts: 18
    Options
    Everything in moderation- thats what I say. Thats the joy of calorie counting, you can have whatever you want, so long as its portion controlled and counted. :-)

I so agree!!!!!! Its just all about PORTION control!!! =)
  • uptonia
    uptonia Posts: 26
    Options
    We use Veganaise in our house instead of Mayo bc husband is vegan. It's a lot less caloric and whenever I make potato salad or cole slow I only use about 1/3 of the mayo that it calls for, and instead use a few Tbsp of Veganaise and then some yellow mustard to still give it the creaminess without the calories!