Been away for too long

Options
:bigsmile: Today I am starting new. I have lost weight and gained weight so much so I should call myself yo-yo. I am very motivated because my husband recently had a heart attack and now we really need to change our ways. I pray that this time I will get under 200 pounds. That is my goal for now. Ten of the most important pounds to lose.

Replies

• LadyMali
    LadyMali Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome,

Add me if you would like support in your journey :smile:
  • pollywollyday
    Options
    I've just decided to give this a go again. I can't seem to lose a single pound - so I must be a secret eater.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Probably the majority of us have yo-yoed to some extent, so you are at the right place. Sometimes there's a wakeup call, and this might be yours!! At this age and stage, the energy we can generate, and the steps we can take to manage weight HAVE to be a priority!! Best of luck and feel free to add me!
  • Hanimahyana
    Options
    hey,

meee too i need a fitness buddy x
  • barbhughey
    Options
    Thank you for the great welcome and I need all the help I can get. My worst part of the day is at night. I am gong to start sewing again to keep my hands busy and then I wont have time to eat.
  • coaoalo
    coaoalo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me- I started at 210lbs just under 2 months ago and now I'm 197. Getting under that 200lb mark is such a good feeling and I'm sure you can do it!
  • Kikilarue59
    Kikilarue59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've gotten serious too. Just sick of not having energy and having too many different sizes of clothing in my closet. Add me if you would like. How is your husband doing?
  • Kikilarue59
    Kikilarue59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've gotten serious too. Just sick of not having energy and having too many different sizes of clothing in my closet. Add me if you would like. How is your husband doing?:flowerforyou:
  • mpettey86
    mpettey86 Posts: 12
    Options
    Me too! I am now in my 60's I'm still fat...in fact fatter than I have ever been....and I'm so tired. Among my other health issues, I am having trouble with my stomach and can't eat many of the foods I have eaten all my life, including fried foods. I am going to try to use that to my advantage and let it become a plus rather than a negative! I have lost 16 pounds recently, but not through my own hard work I'm afraid. I joined MFP about a year ago and basically I just gave up again. I have about 90 more pounds to lose which seems so far away so I'll just concentrate on 10 more pounds for right now.
  • funnycatspal
    funnycatspal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you had such a scary wake up call but I'm glad you're ready to make changes. It's amazing how much better you feel even after loosing just a little weight. Feel free to add me as a friend too.
  • annieconverse
    Options
    I am glad that you survived the heart attack.. What a wake up call.

I dropped the ball too after losing some weight and gaining it back. For me it is hard to not be self-critical. But I realize the self criticism and feelings of shame make be feel awful, overwhelmed and not willing to try.

I have decided this time to make my goals not the numbers on the scale, but rather daily goals of eating healthier and staying within reasonable calorie limits, of exercising most days ( 5-6 days per week) and of a certain number of steps measured on my Fitbit. Every day it starts over.

I also have as my goal letting go of any negative self talk about dropping the ball and regaining weight. It's over. There's nothing I can do about it except try to achieve these three simple goals each day, whether I feel like it or not. In time, I imagine my health will catch up with my choices.

I have only been doing this for three days, mind you, but so far, so good. I will probably fall off some days, but there's always the rest of the day and the next day to begin again. This is the attitude I am trying to adopt.

I wish you the best with your continued recovery and the very best of health. Please feel free to add me as a friend.