Anyone know the answer???

Options
Calories per day went up???? I posted a topic a little while ago that my calories per day went from 1480 to 1520. When you lose weight arent the calories per day supposed to go down?

Replies

• clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    That's what I thought, too! hmmm, sorry I don't have the answer for you, but maybe someone will!
  • sharonmac
    sharonmac Posts: 119
    Options
    now im really confused
  • tracyodum
    Options
    Did you c hange your goals?
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    If you increased your activity level then it would have given you more calories to consume.

That is the only thing that I can think of that would have caused your calories to go up.

I would go back into your goals and check your settings.

Just my suggestion -

Eva
  • betsytuck
    betsytuck Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm with Tracy - did you change your goals? The other part of that is did you log some exercise? I have noticed the few times I get to log some serious actual exercise I get additional calories for the day.
  • sharonmac
    Options
    No I just recorded my weight
  • lucy65
    lucy65 Posts: 22
    Options
    that happened to me when i logged in this morning. my cals showed as 1300 and i am set at 12. i went in and manually adjusted it back down. did all people at 1200 get bumped up? hmmm:)
  • Hydeel6582
    Hydeel6582 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just started on here and my calories went up too but it was after I logged in my exercises (calories earned).... Did you log in some activity you were doing?
  • sharonmac
    Options
    oh actually I did change my exercise to working out 3 times a week for 20 mins. It was lower
  • sharonmac
    Options
    ok so I just changed it back to what it was and it still says 1520 a day. Didnt go back to 1480
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    So I after reading this post I went in to check mine. You know I mindlessly put my food in everyday and just go by what it says I have left. I've been thinking that I've had a lot of calories left lately and just thought it was because I've been eating more fruits and veggies, but then I looked and my calories are at 1570!! Can't remember exactly what they were before but I didn't think they were that high. What can we do about it??
  • sharonmac
    Options
    Nikki, I would go back a few weeks and see what it was before. I dont know why it went up. Weird. I just dont want to be eating too much you know?
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    Nikki, I would go back a few weeks and see what it was before. I dont know why it went up. Weird. I just dont want to be eating too much you know?

I totally know!! I have been right under my calories everyday this week, worked out everyday and have not lost a single ounce. I'm starting to get worried. I did go back to December and it says 1570 but I know people have said that when they changed their categories on their diary it went back and changed all of them. I looked through my settings and everything is the same, weight, exercise, pounds I want to lose a week so I guess I just have to assume it's right.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Calories per day went up???? I posted a topic a little while ago that my calories per day went from 1480 to 1520. When you lose weight arent the calories per day supposed to go down?

Maybe the program calculated how much you had actually eaten calorie wise over a set period of time and then correlated it with the weight loss you had entered.

Then if you had lost more than the 2lbs a week say it meant your deficit had to be more than 1000 calories a day. Therefore the program increased your calories to ensure it didn't go over 1000 calories per day which equates to safe, steady weight loss.

Does that make any sense? I think I may have confused even myself with that ;)
  • sharonmac
    Options
    well my bmr went down. would that make sense?