Any Ideal Protein Phase 4 people out there?

Options
I lost over 35 lb. in 4 months on the Ideal Protein diet. Now I have gained back 5. I am working to figure out how to maintain my weight after the strict diet. How many grams of carbs do you eat? Do you have a splurge day followed by a phase 1 day?
Hope to hear from others.
Ariel

Replies

• Jelliehel
    Jelliehel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use MFP to track carbs, calories etc.... based on activity level. I track my exercise in MFP but only eat those calories back sometimes. I do a weekly fun day and used to do a Phase 1 day right after but don't anymore. I just go back to my regular calories for the day and it seems to be working. I lost 70 lbs on Ideal Protein over 7 months. Maintenance was scary at first. Good luck!
  • Emilina70
    Emilina70 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Not a lot of replies here yet, but I would LOVE to get a phase 4 group going too. I'm in week two of phase 4, and so far it's going okay. But today I have a dilemma--I'm meeting a friend for a morning run/walk and then breakfast out. I was thinking Great! My breakfast is my most rounded meal so going out will be perfect! But then I realized I should really eat before I leave the house...and so now I'm stumped--shouldnt' have two breakfasts.

My solution is that I'll have an IP product for breakfast, I'm thinking crispy cereal pancakes (mmmm my favorite). Then I'll just go ahead and have that big breakfast later; it will be a little funky.

last night I made falafel for dinner, thinking it would be a carb heavy dinner. But I forgot you have to fry falafel in a lot of oil so I'm sure I messed that up too, putting fats and carbs together. It's tricky...

I am avoiding the "fun day". My coach recommends against it, as she's seen that to be too much of a slippery slope for many folks, including herself. She's a nutritionist so really emphasizes generally healthy whole food choices and living life, not restricting or splurging too much. How is it going for you out there?

-Emily
  • conure2
    conure2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Go to 3FatChicks - they have several threads on IP Maintenance.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/
  • Jelliehel
    Options
    Hi there! Not a lot of replies here yet, but I would LOVE to get a phase 4 group going too. I'm in week two of phase 4, and so far it's going okay. But today I have a dilemma--I'm meeting a friend for a morning run/walk and then breakfast out. I was thinking Great! My breakfast is my most rounded meal so going out will be perfect! But then I realized I should really eat before I leave the house...and so now I'm stumped--shouldnt' have two breakfasts.

My solution is that I'll have an IP product for breakfast, I'm thinking crispy cereal pancakes (mmmm my favorite). Then I'll just go ahead and have that big breakfast later; it will be a little funky.

last night I made falafel for dinner, thinking it would be a carb heavy dinner. But I forgot you have to fry falafel in a lot of oil so I'm sure I messed that up too, putting fats and carbs together. It's tricky...

I am avoiding the "fun day". My coach recommends against it, as she's seen that to be too much of a slippery slope for many folks, including herself. She's a nutritionist so really emphasizes generally healthy whole food choices and living life, not restricting or splurging too much. How is it going for you out there?

-Emily

Good morning! I've been on Phase 4 for just about 10 months. WOW! Did I just say 10 months? This is the longest I've ever kept my weight off. At the beginning it is very tricky to separate the fats/carbs but it gets easier. I tend to eat similiar things daily. I started with a fun day and then went to just some fun snacks or meals on one day of the week. Sometimes I do get carried away and see my old habits creeping back. The difference this time for some reason is I know when to stop, drop my caloric intake and get back on track. I live by 3 FatChicks. There is a ton of support there. Have a great day!!!!!
  • kbahlinger
    Options
    good morning!! I am in the middle of the first week of Phase 3 on Ideal Protein...I have lost 45 pounds since the middle of February...I used this website a few years ago when I tried to lose weight on my own, but I have just gotten back on here in order to maintain my weight and keep myself accountable....would love to keep up with you and share ideas and progress!! :)
  • countingonmom
    Options
    I am in Phase 2 second week. I would like to know when I get to begin exercising again?
  • sestrange
    sestrange Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on 4th week of phase 4. I keep forgetting about the fun day????! But I haven't done an all day fun day, just a meal really. Today I'd the 4th of July so I made ice cream and that's going to be my fun day fun. I really like the way I'm eating know and do not want to go back to eating like I used to.
  • Emilina70
    Emilina70 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My coach really doesn't recommend the fun day, but the last few days I've just allowed myself to eat over my calorie goal a little...and I'm trying not to stress a bunch about meals. The biggest challenges for me so far are: eating out, out-of-town summer guests, long days where meals start late, and how many special protein bars, etc, to allow myself in a day (I'm aiming for one, just like the restricted items during phase 1-3 of IP but sometimes I reach for another).
    All of that said, so far so good in terms of maintaining my weight. Anyone here use an Aria scale? Was thinking that might help me stay accountable to myself. I use a fitbit, I love how all these tools link together. Way to go 10 months maintaining!!! I'm inspired by that. :)
  • sharan_v_garry
    sharan_v_garry Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A dietitian can help establish ideal caloric intake to maintain an ideal or desired weight..
  • Jelliehel
    Options
    I am in Phase 2 second week. I would like to know when I get to begin exercising again?
    I started walking at the end of Phase 1 and continued in Phase 2.
  • Ekatrina
    Ekatrina Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am in my last week of phase III. Is there a phase 4 group?