Done most of the work but slowing down

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm a 27 year old female, 5'1 and 117 pounds. I started counting calories about two months ago at 130 pounds, and am quite happy with my results. I would like to lose the last 6 pounds of fat that is still showing quite a bit (especially on my belly and hips), but my progress has been slowing down a bit these two past weeks.

I have been eating around 1300 calories a day (which is supposed to be my BMR, while 1700 is my maintenance, so impossible to get a 500 deficit without exercise). I do 45 minutes of callanetics ( low impact tiny movements that pull you in really quickly) but no cardio ( I am a smoker and terrible at running) about 3 times a week.

Do you think I can keep going with what I am doing, or should I really change it up a bit to see some better results ?

Thanks for the advice, :heart:

Have a great day !

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    The closer you get to goal, the more slowly you lose. That's just the way the human body works. Set your goal to .5 lb. per week, which a 250-calorie deficit, and be patient.

The Sexypants post should be required reading: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • lulubeber
    lulubeber Posts: 37
    Options
    thanks for answering :) yeah I've already read the sexypants post :)

ugh... 3 months to lose 6 pounds.... I know I have to be patient, but it's so frustrating to think at first I lost the same amount in a couple of weeks... (I know, water, but still)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    6 pounds in three months would be a great loss. I bet it took you longer than that to put it on!

Also, the smaller deficit will help you transition to maintenance.
  • lulubeber
    Options
    thanks, it's true I haven't thought about maintenance yet. I've got lots and lots of intfo about losing, but haven't done any research on maintaining. Maybe it's time to start reading !

Is 0,25 pounds a week really a good loss at this point ? I still feel I have a LOT of fat to get rid of.... but it's true I'm not planning on becoming a bodybuilder either :)
  • Debssssssssss
    Debssssssssss Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Is 0,25 pounds a week really a good loss at this point ?

A loss is a loss, no matter how small, and you should consider that a great achievement.
  • lulubeber
    Options
    True :) But these days I catch myself wondering: "how do THIN people do it?, Were they born that way?"

(And these days, the worst: "why am I craving chocolate .... and why can I only have one piece and not 10 pieces? " ...

Maybe I need to find a bit more motivation and just keep going !!!

Have a nice day everyone !
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    take some walks and burn some calories. you don't have to jog or walk till you have trouble breathing, but you'll still burn calories.
  • lulubeber
    Options
    true ! coudn't jog to save my life :)