Wendy's ad's

Options
Hi - just another quick question - this is a site to help with tracking eating/exercise and I keep seeing ads for Wendy's burgers/fries/pop popping up ..... seems a bit contradictory - perhaps they could advertise their healthy foods?????

Replies

• gteachey
    gteachey Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It's all in what you eat really, I do think it would be better to see their healthier meal options also, but just last night I found I had the calories to burn to get a baconator single, because of the way my day had went...so who knows?
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    It's a free site. I know the ads are weird, but I promise, Al and Mike don't hand pick 'em.

Just think of it as practice for the real world. Hey- right now mine's showing fiber plus...not terrible.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    The site is free because of this advertising, so just ignore them.
  • Serenity79
    Options
    Mine keeps showing an ad for insurance with a cartoon chick holding a HUGE cupcake. I don't need to see that right now!! Even a cartoon one!
  • materstater
    materstater Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I wonder if it's what you talk about online because mine is always Disney and I'm a disney addict! Hum!?
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    Bethrs is right. What happens when you forget your lunch, you're hungry, and the only thing close by is a Wendy's? You really want to test your will power.. Next time you're at the grocery store, go to an aisle where you bought your favorite unhealthy snack food. Pick up a bag, then read the ingredients and look at the calories, carbs, etc. Then put it back down.

When I had my first big weight loss, I done that for 3 months. I built up willpower.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    It's dealfind.com and it RULES!! Rarely there is an unhealthy item, usually it’s a sushi picture which is healthy (other than some extra sodium).

Bought $80 worth of sushi certificates the other day for $40. I love buying spa and restaurant deals for myself and as gift, you save hundreds! My gym membership was on there too, only $99 when the gym regularly charges $450 year (New Year sale $299 currently).

Everything in moderation + you like this site being free right? Then let’s get off this banner obsession topic.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    The site is free because of this advertising, so just ignore them.

THANK YOU.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Do a google search for exercise equipment or diet products and you will change the ads showing on your pages. The ads are keyed off your search history. If you googled Wendy's nutritional information you will get Wend's ads. If you want to help out MFP, click on an ad once in a while, that is how they get $$ to keep MFP free!
  • keepitoff99
    Options
    Well, I'm fairly new here so not sure if there's a banner obsession going on or not but I was just generally curious.

I do like that the site is free and will put up with the advertising for sure and I agree with everything in moderation - if you have saved up and can have the baconator, that's great. I often do that as well, although not sure about eating the baconator LOL

Just a bit hard sitting here getting ready to log my lunch before I eat and then I see the Wendy's ad beside me and my stomach started growling :)
  • keepitoff99
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. :) Will try it out