Fruit and veggies in water

Options
Hi everyone, I'm trying really hard to log everything and having a hard time. I was wondering if you add like strawberries or cucumbers to your water to add flavoring do you really add that to your daily log cause you really are not eating it.....:happy:

Replies

• rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I would just put a percentage of the calories of the cucumber or strawberry. In this case as long as you're not eating it I'd put about 10-15% of the calories from the item you're putting in. Might be overshooting it, but some calories do leech out.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I put cucumbers in my water—and I log it. Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Anything less will not get you closer to your goal.

The Sexypants link should be required reading: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You should log it. They are minimal calories but sometimes that makes the difference in going over or not. Even when I'm not sure of a calorie count on something, I still log it with something I am pretty sure is close to it in the database.

Why wouldn't you eat the stuff you put in your water? I think they're still yummy either way,.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't since it is a negligible amount! (I add ginger to water sometimes) The calorie target is a guide not an absolute amount. To eat ten cals more or ten cals less will not change anything. Now if you were talking about small bites of cake, a piece of chocolate, some chips off someone's plate (fries) then that all needs counting as these foods stuff are worth far more calories and can quickly built up.
  • nikkibee2100
    Options
    I do it all the time. Cucumber, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, lemon, lime, etc. I find it really helps me actually want to drink water
  • danyleewell
    danyleewell Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I normally do not eat the fruit/veggies. I place them in a 32oz sipping cup and fill it once or twice with them in there. After drinking two 32 oz of water the fruit and veggies get nasty so I throw it again.... I just like the difference in flavor cause I am NOT a water drinker.