losing weight with pcso

Options
Hi I have had pcso for years now 2 years ago I lost 3 stone from beong ill ive now put it back on and want to lose it again please can someone help with tips of how

Replies

• Bambi8137
    Bambi8137 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have pcos as well and I'm starting my weight loss journey. My doctor said to loss aboutr 15 lbs and I probably could conceive. This is a good question and I would love to know as well
  • vicky290810
    Options
    I need to loose 3st to be comfortable in myself I need tips cause I can not seem to shift my weight
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Ladies with PCOS often have insulin resistance to go with it. The commonly recognized best diet for treating both is eating reduced carbs. There are tons of posts on PCOS here. Go to the starting page of a forum and do a search for them.

There are also several PCOS groups here. Go to groups (button next to message boards above) and type it in.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Cut carbs and sugar and fruits
    Eat protein and fat and veggies:

~chicken, fish, pork, beef. . . eggs, . . dairy . . .nuts,
    beans, lentils, flax seeds, chia seeds,

~Veggies such as: spinach, kale, romaine, swiss chard, . .
    asparagus, cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, .
    cucumbers, carrots, cucumbers, . . .
    summer squash, tomatoes,
    sweet potatoes, winter squash,
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have lost a heck of a lot of weight with PCOS without cutting out carbs. Just cutting down refined carbs, but every person can benefit from doing that. PCOS is a condition that manifests itself in so many ways, what works for someone else may not work for you. So work from the least restrictive diets down to the most restrictive ones... stop at whichever diet makes you feel good and satisfies you best.

Maintain a deficit and exercise, hard. Don't overlook the weight room, get in there and throw some plates around.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise.

70/30 is the usual response.

But the style of exercise is not unimportant. Particularly for women with PCOS. We're at greater risk of CVD and osteoporosis, so load-bearing exercises that strengthen the muscles (incl. the heart) and therefore the joints, and impact on bone density are a must.

Being generally active is also a good thing. It ultimately determines how much you need to restrict your dietary intake.