80 LB's to lose!

Options
Hi everyone :)

I have just joined & into my 2nd week.. Lost 7Lb in my first week so am over the moon, it's an amazing site which not only makes healthy eating easier, it makes it interesting too :)
I have previously done the plan where you can eat unlimited foods daily but it just wasn't working for me anymore.
I need to lose this weight for my health & in addition I need both my hips replaced as I have bad arthritis & on top of that an under active thyroid so odds against me, I am still going to do this, albeit it may take a little longer.
I felt with all the ailments (above) I didn't stand a chance but it just goes to show it is possible.
I also stopped smoking 20 months ago (Use an electronic cigarette still but hey its better then the real thing lol)

If anyone has any hints, tips or advice for filling, low cal' foods i'm all ears. Please feel free to add me.
I'd love to look at other peoples diary's for inspiration & ideas.
Good luck everyone :)
Just remember we are all in the same boat & we "will" achieve our goal, it's not always going to be easy, just got to keep the determination to success :)

Replies

• mellowdeezer
    mellowdeezer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking over 2 years ago and know what you are going through. I also have medical conditions that limit my activity. Walking is the best exercise! Good Luck and feel free to add me as a friend!/ Cindy
  • Sparkle_1968
    Sparkle_1968 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks, have sent a friend request :)

Loving this site :)
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    You can do this. Just remember to be nice to yourself and don't quit or get discouraged if you mess up.
    One day or one week isn't going to impact your loss in the long run.
    Good luck to you.
  • mustardyellowshirt
    mustardyellowshirt Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here as well, and also looking to lose around 80 pounds. I too need to quit smoking, but Im hoping that will come naturally with increased fitness. Congratulations on your 7 pounds lost!! Feel free to add me if you'd like! :)