Have you noticed that MFP groups tend to fizzle out?

Options
13»

Replies

• Bambi8137
    Bambi8137 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Does it now.. If that makes you feel good!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Okay, now you're just toying with us.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure the consensus is it does.
  • Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Really?
    Lady, leave me alone!! It clearly says theyhave WEEKLY WEIGH INS!! And people lose intrest in weight loss!!You need to go back and re read the whole paragraph then go have your evening snack because your snapping at the wrong person my dear!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

Okay.
  • Bambi8137
    Bambi8137 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've realized most people in these groups tend to attack those who maybe don't post as much or who they think they can say whatever and that's it. This started because I was laughed at because I wanted to join a weight loss group then some lady became sarcastic.. But I know better ;) So now, I just laugh it off and continue to do what I came here to do.. Get knowledge, lose weight, and fit into my wedding dress! And I hope everyone else does the same (except he wedding dress part)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I've realized most people in these groups tend to attack those who maybe don't post as much or who they think they can say whatever and that's it. This started because I was laughed at because I wanted to join a weight loss group then some lady became sarcastic.. But I know better ;) So now, I just laugh it off and continue to do what I came here to do.. Get knowledge, lose weight, and fit into my wedding dress! And I hope everyone else does the same (except he wedding dress part)

jennifer-lawrence.gif
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I don't want to join. Thanks. :laugh:
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I don't want to join. Thanks. :laugh:

me either. :tongue:
  • marvybells
    Options
    I promise everytime I write something someone comes down my throat!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, well it was a holiday weekend, someone was bound to swallow something and have regrets.

:laugh:

thanks, i really needed a chuckle today :smile:
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I have to admit back in November I was running two groups and i had to leave MFP for 4-5 months at a very short notice to to work and personal circumstances. I am amazed at how people welcomed me back.. but at the same time I am truly sorry and have remorse for leaving some people hanging

It was the longest 4-5 months of my MFP life!! :sad: :sad: Glad you are back.

But to stay on topic. OP, find a reliable group that has been around awhile and find friends who are committed. You do not need a group to get you going. True motivation comes from within yourself. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

Yes, well it was a holiday weekend, someone was bound to swallow something and have regrets.

woo hoo! Got a chuckle from marvybells. . . . .good day indeed.
  • marvybells
    Options

woo hoo! Got a chuckle from marvybells. . . . .good day indeed.

i have been too serious & kind of mopey today. so it felt really good to laugh.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I generally find that the most lasting, and inspirational groups are the ones where people post their noodz. None of them will let me in anymore though.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I generally find that the most lasting, and inspirational groups are the ones where people post their noodz. None of them will let me in anymore though.

You should start your own group for that.

I mean, *I* won't join...

...but maybe you can trick...er, I mean, persuade others to join?

I'm just throwing out some ideas here...I hate to see you depressed like this.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

As if you haven't already sent me a TB drive's worth. 10/10 would not invite.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

As if you haven't already sent me a TB drive's worth. 10/10 would not invite.

That's fair.

Thought maybe you had a hard drive crash or something...

...as if you didn't back that 10/10 every night and twice on Sundays material up in the cloud already.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious about this because I joined up with a group just over two weeks ago, maybe 90 members. Some of us were doing daily weigh-ins, 10 days ago about 7 did them, today is the third day in a row where I've been the only poster on the daily weigh-in thread. I'm not exactly sure why this is, the group is for people with not much to lose, so you'd think it would be reasonably active.

People lose interest in weight loss, I get that, but have you noticed a pattern?

DAILY weigh-ins? Maybe they all died of boredom.

Or maybe it was your charming, welcoming personality. "Ha ha. Classic."
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    The group in the OP could literally be the pee drinking group, we wouldn't know...

2381694-8014263148-jack_.gif
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i don't think she realizes she's not posting in a group forum.

among other issues she may have.