323.2 to 265.8 in 5.5 months!

Options
Tilda_P
Tilda_P Posts: 30 Member
Screenshot2014-07-05at45017PM_zpsb5086607.png

Screenshot2014-07-05at45128PM_zps651cf95b.png

I started at 323.2 lbs. I'm sure I could have been bigger than that, but it was the weight that read on Jan 20th of this year when I decided to start a ketogenic diet after my doctor told me that my weight, combined with PCOS and insulin resistance, was setting me up for a short, terrible life.

I have been doing a ketogenic diet for five and a half months now, with frequent cheats throughout. Nothing crazy. I average about 1,500-1,800 cal a day with about one day a week being off plan. I still enjoy holidays, weekend nights with friends and pubmoot.

I've lost nearly 60 lbs in under 6 months so, of course, my next goal is to reach that 60 lb mark! I also have a festival coming up soon I would like to use as a goal so I've only told myself I'd like to eliminate alcohol and cheats until then (about six more weeks).

Feel free to ask any questions you have. The face pics are a bit odd, but the first one was taken right as I woke up one morning so I had to replicate it the best I could. Pardon the lack of hair brushing and makeup :)

Replies

• Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress and a sensible attitude. Love that dress onyou....look what a great figure is emerging! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Edit for spelling.
  • GenZombie
    GenZombie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    :heart:
    Congrats! You look incredible!
  • Tilda_P
    Options
    Wonderful progress and a sensible attitude. Love that dress onyou....look what a great figure is emerging! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Edit for spelling.

Thank you for both compliments! I've tried to rid myself of the all or nothing attitude and realize that this is life, forever. I can't just kill myself for 18 months and lose all the weight with the intention of gorging myself once I get there. That's not sustainable! A lot of people get that way on lower carb diets because water weight does come back with a vengeance, but I've found just putting away the scale a couple of days after a cheat and focusing on meal planning or blogging really helps. :)

And yes, I am really impressed with the waist that lives in there and I'm happy to be seeing it more, especially since I am a huge fan of vintage fashion and many patterns require quite the hip to waist ratio!
  • j3haughe
    j3haughe Posts: 9
    Options
    Great job. My story is very similar to yours. On January 1, I weighed in at 300. A short time after that I was diagnosed with type two diabetes and started making a lot of lifestyle changes. So far I've dropped forty pounds this year, and hope to lose forty more over the next twelve months to get down to and stay at 220. Thanks for sharing your story; it's inspiring on here to see yours and others' success stories!
  • Tilda_P
    Options
    Great job. My story is very similar to yours. On January 1, I weighed in at 300. A short time after that I was diagnosed with type two diabetes and started making a lot of lifestyle changes. So far I've dropped forty pounds this year, and hope to lose forty more over the next twelve months to get down to and stay at 220. Thanks for sharing your story; it's inspiring on here to see yours and others' success stories!

Congrats on your loss so far! I so identify with that feeling of blah from all the medical stuff, but awesome job on turning stuff around. I hope to see lots of updates from you, too!
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! WTG Girl!!
  • lemonsnlove
    lemonsnlove Posts: 200
    Options
    Simply amazing!
  • delphinese
    delphinese Posts: 12
    Options
    Oh I can't wait to see you in some vintage wear! Great job, keep it up!
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!!
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    A-maz-ing!! :smile: I've had a couple of off days for the first time since starting 89 days ago and your pictures and numbers have given me the kick up the b*** I needed! x
  • weblur
    weblur Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • bullieforme
    Options
    Well done !
    I too have lost just over 70 lb since January and it feels good doesn't it ?!!!
  • xCylencex
    xCylencex Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • ChristinKeirn
    ChristinKeirn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! You are very inspiring.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I bow down before you in awe! You rock!!
  • Debssssssssss
    Debssssssssss Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great Work!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    You're looking good! Keep it up.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! Love the dress! Keep up the good work!
  • rhina23
    rhina23 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Super fantastic!
  • KK4L2000
    KK4L2000 Posts: 3
    Options
    Such awesome progress! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!