Starting over. Looking for Support....

Options
Diets..... Ugh

I cant keep myself on track.
I'm looking for friends on MFP to give me support and motivation.
I have started diets and just never really got anywhere and gave up..
I want to lose weight so bad, but I struggle with depression and overeating..
I would love to have friends who i can watch and get support and motivation from..
Thanks Everyone!

Replies

• Glamtrekker
    Glamtrekker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in the same boat as you! I also just quit smoking a month ago and have put on 30 pounds. I didn't even know it was possible to gain that much that fast. None of my clothes fit anymore. It's completely and utterly depressing. I'm definitely in need of support!!
  • callietiger
    callietiger Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm back again, too... I've done fairly well the past year maintaining. Had taken a 6 month break from MFP and done well.... Except the past couple of weeks, I've turned into an eating machine. Holy Cow... watch your fingers!

I've decided to reload the MFP app and get back to logging to get the munchies under control... and take a new swing at maybe hitting a new goal, too!

I plan on logging everyday with an open food diary... would love to have new friends who plan to do the same!
  • heathl39
    heathl39 Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm having a heck of a time as well! I do well for awhile and then gain a pound or so back and feel lost. I am far from perfect, but damn I am trying! This is the hardest thing I have ever had to done, but I will do it!
  • Shaystays
    Shaystays Posts: 34
    Options
    Same here, I've been overweight for years and sure I have been on diets off and on, probably going on week long diets 10 times per year, so far I've been on my lifestyle change for almost 5 weeks, this is the longest committed weight loss I've been on, ever.

It is just a matter of eating right and exercising, but it is very hard to completely change everything you used to do, to stop eating everything you love and to jump off the couch and exercise like you're supposed to. It sounds easier than it is, at least for a while. It always gets better, but at first it feels like you're completely alone, that you'll never lose the weight and that's when you give up.
    But, giving up isn't the answer. The bowl of ice cream can define your health and happiness. I know I have said to myself, "Well, it's not like this ONE piece of cake will make me gain anything" and yeah, that's true, but that ONE piece of cake you have EVERY day will.

I'm speaking to myself and to any others out there, weight loss is hard. It's a challenge, but it is definitely NOT impossible. Even though sometimes it feels like it, we all know that it's not.

Good luck and I hope you reach your goal! :)
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Hi nice to meet you :) I was in the same boat as you before and feeling the same way :) It is very possible to follow MFP as a track to become healthy :) There are so many great things I learn from the site and the people here everyday :) If you would like to send a fr we can help motivate each other. I wish you the best on your journey :)
  • GrammyNanner
    GrammyNanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You may add me, support here is wonderful.
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi new friend
    You may add me, support here is wonderful.
  • zoelawliet
    zoelawliet Posts: 51
    Options
    Same here!! Feel free to add me! :)
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in the same boat as you! I also just quit smoking a month ago and have put on 30 pounds. I didn't even know it was possible to gain that much that fast. None of my clothes fit anymore. It's completely and utterly depressing. I'm definitely in need of support!!

You put on 30lbs in 1 month??? That is a pound a day. That means that you ate at least 3500 calories above your BMR plus the calories that you burn just doing your daily activity.

Something is wrong...
  • solarras
    solarras Posts: 1
    Options
    I need to lose weight because my husband and I are going to try for a baby. I need someone to help me stay on track without making me feel bad. I love him, but the hubs just doesn't know how to do that. He thinks he is being supportive but it just makes me feel bad. I think its different when its a girlfriend, unfortunately my best girlfriends all live in other cities and we can't work out together.

I'll help you if you'll help me?
  • tarron834
    tarron834 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting over...again...today is day 1... I have been on here for years, tho inconsistent at best. I thought I had gained about 30 pounds recently and went over my old records on MFP to see ,I have gained 51!!! I don't even know where to start, but I know I had success here before, the only time I had true success was tracking everything here....so im back. I would love support as well, so feel free to add me! Good luck...we can do this!!!!
  • ThinningKB2014
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me! I've been on this site a couple times now. The first time I lost 20 lbs and managed to gain it all back over the course of a year. Since rejoining I've lost a little but still have a ways to go. It's great to have support from people who are going through the same thing!
  • histomom
    histomom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Do not think it as a diet it is really a lifestyle change. Make small changes. I am going through the same thing. I am taking a nutrition and weight control class. This is really helping me make changes and better choices.
  • savingsunday
    savingsunday Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I am back again. I did really well early last year and then around the end of April 2013 that was the beginning of the backslide. We were doing a lot of traveling, my grandmother passed away, and I just had a terrible time getting and staying on track. I felt defeated and gave up. Just recently I began a new job and thanks to a new coworker felt motivated again. So here I am!

Feel free to add me as a friend. I feel like it is such a help when you have a good support system. If you've lost before you can do it again! I also find reading the Motivational stories effective. They are positive and help to keep me motivated. :)
  • rumblers
    rumblers Posts: 5
    Options
    You and I are in the exact same position. I'm here if you need support, good luck!! :-)