Pole fitness :)

Options
Anyone else do pole fitness??

What got you interested In pole fitness?

What was the first class you took? What did you learn?

I just started boudoir 101 at divine movement in Kirkland wa, and I LOVE IT!
Add me and lets be friends!

Replies

• ashedw425
    Options
    I LOVE pole fitness!!!!!! Started about 6 - 7 weeks ago and think it is fantastic. I practice at Urban Warriors in Burlington, NC and have a pole at home so I can practice there.

I passed the studio getting ready to open one day and thought, "that sounds like a fun way to work out" so my friend and I signed up and took the class. We started off in beginner and learned a whole routine. With spins, floor work, and headstands.

I love it!
  • laur7311
    laur7311 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yay for fellow pole divas!!

I started pole (seriously) about 4 weeks ago and I love it! I am level one (east coast pole) and progressing nicely.

I found a living social deal for a local place in Maryland - Xpose Fitness so I tried an intro class (floor/chair class with pole demo) and was hooked. I mostly started with floor/chair due to schedule and intimidation but I got passed that and just dove right in. I love all that Xpose offers and I want to one day be an instructor there - gotta have goals right!

As for what I have learned - what haven't I! Between both I have done some advanced floorwork, booty poppin' on a handstand, basic cat spins, pirouettes, simple lifts, and so much more. I go to class about 3-4 times a week.

I love the confidence it has given me and the judgement free zone. Plus the women are amazing!
  • laur7311
    Options
    6 months in and still going strong! Moving into level 3 pole classes now - working on climbing!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Some friends just arranged a private pole dancing class for my sister's bachlorette party recently. It was a ton of fun! I'm considering looking for a place that does it around my home. The instructor has to be the strongest woman I've ever met. She was amazing.
  • laur7311
    Options
    I knew that pole was hard but it wasn't until I started that I realized how hard it is. I have really begun to strengthen my upper body and while my arms are still jiggly they are getting more muscle and starting to tone. Pretty much all polers have my utmost admiration at the effort it takes to do anything (esp inverts) and make it look easy and flawless!

And I would totally stick with it if you can manage to do so!
  • MzOnree
    MzOnree Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I purchased a pole but don't have it up yet. I need to lose more weight before I can get into it. I can't wait though! I know it will be a super strength workout!
  • Ahrena
    Ahrena Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for a few months and I love it!

I've always fancied trying it, but took a bad break up to kick me into sorting out my life and I'm so pleased. I've just started inverting and I love it. I also do aerial silks, and my upper body strength has massively increased and I'm starting to see some muscle tone develop on my abs.
  • suiteblooms
    suiteblooms Posts: 100
    Options
    I've been wanting to try it really bad, but I live in Wyoming. There is no "beginners class" or "fitness dancing" here - the only place to do it here comes with a horny drunk bunch of hobos. I'm thinking of driving to Colorado, but that would get expensive. Maybe I'll try an at home pole... Looks like a great workout that would boost confidence and be really fun.
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Well hello there! I've been into pole for a couple of years.... started at Divine, same as you! I've been MIA for over a year-and-a-half having my first kid, but I still get on the pole at home some :-) You will absolutely come to love Divine, it is a great place to learn and grow!!
    Add me if you like!

Oh, and I don't really remember what got me interested in pole at first.... I just wanted to try it, so I did, and I loved it... and became a type of addict... I'm currently working on rebuilding some pole muscles!
  • HellyFaye
    HellyFaye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I was doing burlesque classes for a while, but my schedule got too hectic to keep going. I absolutely loved it. I would love to find a place that does pole fitness. That takes so much core strength and looks really beautiful. I feel like it would be a huge confidence booster.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Hooray! Fellow "polers"! Feel free to add me all fans of pole dance.

I got interested because I saw free classes offered by a local dance studio. Started out with floor/chair classes which were fun for a little while, then transitioned to pole classes. I worked my way from level 1 to level 4/5 (most advanced) in about a year...just being persistent. Bought my own pole (see profile picture).

So worth it. I love it. This is my strength training and then I run in addition to this.
  • winnyfreebryd
    winnyfreebryd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am about 6 weeks in and have become quite addicted. My first few weeks was focused on just taking Level 1 classes but I soon found that if I don't add any strength training it will take me longer to get the basic spins down. Now I train twice a week with a Pole Strength and Level 1. I had my second strength training class last night and it was brutal and we only used our body weight. I want to add in a 3rd day but I am still trying to work that in my schedule. This as my only form of exercise and I have been searching far and wide form some before and afters of women whom have lost weight, but to no avail that aren't any to be found. If anyone has come across any please let me know. A visual with significant weight loss would be awesome.

As far as my body changing. I am seeing slight changes already, then again it's my body so I am not sure if I am seeing anything or not. I am trying to keep focused on how my body is improving with each class. One huge plus since started pole fitness I am more aware of what I put in my mouth and my carb consumption has decreased drastically. [/left][/left][/left]