Fitbit help: big problem! What the heck?!

Options
I have a fitbit flex and when I went to sleep this morning, I had about 5,000 steps. I put that sucker into sleep mode and went to sleep. No problem right? Then I wake up, put that sucker back into regular mode, check my steps on the fitbit app and it says I have 11,000! Whaaaaat? Either I'm one hell of a sleep walker, or something is messed up here. Any idea what's going on? Can I fix it?

Replies

• hannahmeip
    Options
    I've never had this problem but what I would do is put it in sleep mode and then take it off and have it lie next to the bed to see if the issue is you moving alot in your sleep or something with the fitbit itself.
    When you go into your sleep tracker is there lots of activity while you are asleep?
  • Lindzpnc
    Lindzpnc Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    maybe it hadn't synced completely when you went to bed.... it tells you when you last synced and typically I try to sync before bed and then when I get up....its not always automatic
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Is it the phone app AND the Fitbit web site? I have no idea but I think the phone app is buggy.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Is it the phone app AND the Fitbit web site? I have no idea but I think the phone app is buggy.

It's on both. On the website it says I burned 4,000 calories today, so maybe I should just accept that number and have a burger eh ????
    I've never had this problem but what I would do is put it in sleep mode and then take it off and have it lie next to the bed to see if the issue is you moving alot in your sleep or something with the fitbit itself.
    When you go into your sleep tracker is there lots of activity while you are asleep?

It said I only had a couple minutes where I was restless. Otherwise, all was good in dream land. And ya know what confuses the crap out ofme even more? The little graphs you can look at that shows your steps over the day: doesn't show any activity that would amount to that many steps. Shows some early in the day, then when I went to sleep, no steps. But it still says I took 11,000! Ugh. This better not repeat itself tomorrow
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit flex and when I went to sleep this morning, I had about 5,000 steps. I put that sucker into sleep mode and went to sleep. No problem right? Then I wake up, put that sucker back into regular mode, check my steps on the fitbit app and it says I have 11,000! Whaaaaat? Either I'm one hell of a sleep walker, or something is messed up here. Any idea what's going on? Can I fix it?

I have no useful input but your profile pic makes this thread seem so very dramatic! :laugh:
  • dianemmn
    dianemmn Posts: 27 Member
    Options

I have no useful input but your profile pic makes this thread seem so very dramatic! :laugh:

I had to go scroll back at have a look.:laugh:
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options

It's on both. On the website it says I burned 4,000 calories today, so maybe I should just accept that number and have a burger eh ????

It said I only had a couple minutes where I was restless. Otherwise, all was good in dream land. And ya know what confuses the crap out ofme even more? The little graphs you can look at that shows your steps over the day: doesn't show any activity that would amount to that many steps. Shows some early in the day, then when I went to sleep, no steps. But it still says I took 11,000! Ugh. This better not repeat itself tomorrow
    Did you accidentally manually log something as steps? The time tool in that Log Activity area is screwy, and flops to a.m. all the time.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Did you download the new update that just came out? Mine was acting weird the first day after I updated, but it seems to be working perfectly now.

Not saying that's it, but....???? IDK