Body Revolution by JM how long for significant changes

Options
Hi everyone! I'm currently doing Body Revolution by JM! I am on week 4 and almost done with phase 1!

I wanted to know about when you saw huge changes to your body, particularly your stomach and upper thighs. Those are my problem areas.

Although I have seen changes for sure (the biggest victory so far is fitting into a pair of pants and feeling it loose!), and lost a few inches on my stomach and around 2 on my thighs (and lost 10lbs on the first week though I gained 4 back 2 weeks later but I think that's water retention) I feel seriously discouraged that I'm still nowhere near the flat belly and skinnier legs. Although I'm supposed to be patient its hard :(

The fitness guide says that phase 2 is when you see the most changes to your body and the most loss of fat. Is it true?

I just wanted to know everyone who completed it and their significant changes in their body at what phase and week.

Replies

• laboutingal
    Options
    Bump! Would be interested to know this too. I'm currently on phase 1.
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this works for body revolution, but i've seen that when starting a new workout routine/diet it takes 4 weeks for you to notice yourself and 8 for your friends to notice. I'm sure you could apply this to body revolution?
  • jackiemonx
    jackiemonx Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    is it easy to follow?
  • laboutingal
    Options
    Hi jackiemonx, it's very easy to follow - the pack contains a clear guide for which workouts to do at each stage.

The exercises in each workout can be modified to make them easier or harder.
  • jackiemonx
    jackiemonx Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    is it fun? or do u find it a drag when u know u have to do it?
  • fashi0nkilla
    fashi0nkilla Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about doing BR in the morning prior to going to work. Congrats on the weight you've loss so far. Are you keeping up with the recommended calories?
  • laboutingal
    Options
    I do it each morning before work! It's very easy to follow and doesn't get boring as each workout has 4 different circuts (as opposed to only 3 in the 30 DS). Also, she has lots of different people working out with her in the DVD, so it's like being part of a proper exercise class which is fun!

I am not following her diet plan but am roughly keeping at 1200 calories per day.
  • Shelley6591
    Shelley6591 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I would say that's right for Body Revolution. Right now I am 6 weeks in and I have noticed pretty huge changes in my arms, stomach, legs and thighs in the last week or so. I am not following her diet/meal plan I just stick to around 1200 calories a day plus I walk around 4K on my lunch daily. Good luck!
  • kimiebee
    kimiebee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    So glad to have found this post, it is so encouraging to read some of these responses. I am only on week two of phase 1 and have had no changes at all. I am not following her meal plan as I eat fairly healthy and I am sticking to 1200 calories a day. I'm loving the workouts and just laboutingal says have different people workign with her certainly does make you feel like you a part of a class and their motivating too. I do this first thing every morning and it feels like it is done in no time at all.
  • lolly715
    lolly715 Posts: 106
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I am in phase 3. My current profile pic shows the difference for me in the first two phases. Definitely a bigger size difference in phase 2, although I lost less weight. 8lbs in 1, 6 in 2. I was already at least a month into MFP by the time I started so didn't have the big first week drop.
  • retrolina
    retrolina Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I haven't done BR, so can't comment on the specific program, but keep in mind that diet is the key to losing weight/fat. Cardio will burn calories, and resistance/strength training with encourage muscle growth which will change the way your body looks.

I completed Insanity a couple of weeks ago and started noticing changes around the 4 week mark (I only started counting calories in week 3 because I wasn't seeing any changes!). I'm 5'8", 125lbs. My TDEE is approx. 1950 on a normal day. I tried to eat around 1800 calories a day, but went over every few days because of social engagements, partner cooking something yum, treats at work etc... I still was so happy with my results! I posted them
    here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10035524/insanity-before-and-after-photos.

Keep in mind that these exercise programs are for money making purposes, so they will say that you are GUARANTEED results by a certain point... But really... It all depends on how much effort you give and your diet. You need to make sure that you are eating adequately (calories) and preferably lots of protein to help build all that muscle that will shape your body and give you that "toned" look everybody is after.

Best of luck :)
  • jeeplovin
    jeeplovin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love BR. I saw the biggest changes around 6 weeks, when I did the program. If you are consistent with the program, and keep within your calorie goals, you will see big changes. I am going to do this program again.
  • healthymomkc
    healthymomkc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I JUST started this and am happy to hear about your results!
  • FitWithVic
    FitWithVic Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow so feel free to add me if you're doing body revolution :)
  • FitWithVic
    FitWithVic Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey guys just completed my 10th BR workout and so the 4th time on workout one, I felt so much stronger doing the workout this time compared to the 1st, excited to take my results at end of phase 1 :)
  • getfitformeee
    getfitformeee Posts: 65 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm on week one. I feel it mostly in the back of my thighs, my abs, and shoulders. I'm hoping to lose my belly fat!!! Anyone currently doing Body Revolution, add me :)
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Here's a short review from an MFP member on Body Revolution, maybe it will answer some questions: realbodiesrealresults.com/blog/body-revolution-a-great-program-for-people-who-want-to-work-out-at-home