Vitamix or Ninja? Which do you prefer?

Options
I love to make "green" smoothies and i need a blender that blends the greens well. I've been looking at the Vitamix and the Ninja. They seem to rate the same- except for price. What has your experience been? Which do you prefer? Thanks!

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Do a Google search on video reviews of the two, on green smoothies. The ones I saw, the Vitamix was the clear winner.

The Nutribullet seems to fare well against the high-powered blenders, though.
  • JeanMachine41
    Options
    Nutrabullet! I have a blender, a juicer and I prefer the Bullet for my smoothies. I am sure the expensive blenders work well but the Bullet is fast, works well and is a pinch to wash out.
  • LB2812
    LB2812 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have a vitamix and i love it, but it was expensive. If you only really want it to do smoothies, I might go with something cheaper. I use mine for other things too (ice creams, soups, salsas, etc.) so it gets pretty good use and I want it to last forever so I think it was worth it. I've heard wonderful things about both the ninja and the nutribullet too.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Vitamix is expensive but it's truly the best product out there, and it's guaranteed for life. You will never buy a blender again.

I have several friends who love the nutribullet just for it's portability.
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Blendtec. It's the same price as a vitamix (roughly) and it fits under my ancient cabinets, the vitamix is too tall.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    Vitamix is expensive but it's truly the best product out there, and it's guaranteed for life. You will never buy a blender again.

I have several friends who love the nutribullet just for it's portability.
    The Vitamixes these days seem to come with 5-7 year warranties, depending on model.
  • MelWilB137
    MelWilB137 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Vitamix...if smoothies are what you want. We also have a Ninja, but we use it as a food processor, chopping, purée, that sort of thing. No one ever regrets buying a Vitamix
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I love my vitamix. It pulverizes the seeds in your fruits! I haven't tried the ninja.
  • crazymommy5
    crazymommy5 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, everyone! It looks like I'll be making an investment in a Vitamix.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Vitamix. You can make anything in it...smoothies, soups, dips, sorbets, etc...if you get the dry blade you can also grind your own coffee and numerous other applications. Vitamix!!!
  • KarenE86
    KarenE86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Can't live without my Vitamix!
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I did the same research - couldn't justify the price difference for the Vitamix though... I bought the nutribullet - and loved what it did - except after 6 months the motor died on me... So I know have the Ninja Professional which has the big jug which I puree soups in etc... as well as two individual serving sized cups which I LOVE! Still have only spent $200 - compared to the Vitamix at over $500?
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I bought a ninja about a year ago because I wasn't sure how often I would use it and couldn't justify the price of the vitamix. Now that I'm making smoothies everyday, I plan to get a Vitamix.
  • amanda9402
    amanda9402 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Vitamix! And you can get a 32oz pitcher for it (which helps it fit under my cabinets).
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    Vitamix has a little version now, too. Still $400, so not cheap.

https://www.vitamix.com/s30.aspx?zcid=310
  • crazymommy5
    crazymommy5 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Vitamix. Thank you so much everyone! I could never have made a decision without y'all! I love my MFP community! :)