30 Day Shred- Before and After Results!

Options
Hi there,

i've just completed my first 30 day shred- on stop every day for 30 days. It was really tough but i'm really pleased with the results. If this is what i can do in 30 days i'm excited to see what I can do in another 30.

d3c7887b-b598-4010-a014-083ed72f1f08_zps7d3731f7.jpg

Replies

• haneia
    haneia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great progress! congrats :)
    What did you follow as diet/ nutrition method?
    keep on going !
    cheers
  • Josie2610
    Josie2610 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey there,

i've tried to eat really clean- so oats and milk for breakfast, turkey salad for lunch, and chicken breast or turkey mince and salad for dinner. 2 apples for snacks as well. This week i've started having a protein shake and instant oats for breakfast and that's made a massive difference in my muscle tone.

I started doing 30 day shred to start, then I went onto doing No more trouble zones in the morning and 6 week six pack after work for the past week or so.

I never thought i'd be able to work out twice a day, but once you get into it, it's surprising how much your body can do.

I've had the odd cheat day- but i;ve still got a lot of fat to lose.

I started at 142.5 llbs, now i'm 135.6 llbs and i'm 5"4.
  • salbags2
    salbags2 Posts: 11
    Options
    Fantastic result - you look great. I've often used Jillian's DVD's but I mix and match them. Can I ask, your clean diet - how many calories were you hitting each day?
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    great job!!! im starting to be more clean with my eating too .. today i start really clean .. in a biggest loser conteast and have till the end of the month to be number one ..so far in the running with one other person for first place..stories like yours keeps me motivated!
  • fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    you look great
  • Josie2610
    Options
    thanks everyone for the nice words.

In terms of the food- i've been having anything from 900-1100 calories per day. Which is less than what is recommended on My Fitness Pal app. I tend to have 1300 calories on a saturday and sunday.

I want to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time- so i've started to get more protein into my diet which has really helped with hunger. You really do get used to it.

I'm going out for dinner tonight so that'll be a good test of how committed I am!

I've only been doing the Jillian DVDs no running or anything else yet. So it's less than 1 hour per day. It's totally do-able.
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Girl you sculpted yourself a sexy core. I'm inspired to start 30DS again and hopefully not quit it midway.

Congrats on your results.
  • stickersticker
    stickersticker Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Nice results. I'm on day 6 and I can feel the results even if I can't see them.
  • salbags2
    Options
    I don't want to detract from your achievement in any way, but eating 900-1100 calories with exercise burning around 200 calories means you are sometimes only netting around 700, which is not good for you in the long run (I speak from experience) especially if you want to build some muscle up. It sounds as if you're looking at changing your diet to get more protein which is great - look at protein per kg weight online and it varies, but around 0.8g per kg is often talked about.

And don't forget carbs - if you are exercising vigorously you need some good carbs on board. If you really want to build muscle, think about some lifting - it doesn't bulk you up, and you can eat more which in my book is always good!

I don't know your history in full, and I'm no expert so I'll shut up now! I'm still tweaking my diet big style, but I did exactly what you're doing - used Jillian's DVD's, didn't eat a lot and lost a load of weight and got left health problems and hormonal imbalances I am now trying to fix. Everyone is different, but think quality protein, lots of good fats and carbs if you're exercising every day.

I don't mean to go on, but I wish someone had flagged up my low cal eating when I started out. I would have done things a whole lot different.

xxx
  • LunaStar2008
    LunaStar2008 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Awesome !!!!

I thought first as well that your calories seem a little low, but then I saw that you are just 5'4" and started with 145 (or around that number). So, your needed calories were already low. My TDEE is 1465 and I am 5"7'. So, I can see that 1100 calories may be enough for you. Also, I can see from my experiences that when you want to loose just a little it is much harder and you need to re-adjust your TDEE every 5-8 lbs lost or you will hit a plateau.

I think you did a great effort and you are inspiring!!!
  • Josie2610
    Options
    I hear what your saying about the low calories. I so rarely eat carbs at the moment that when I do I feel really bloated. So I definitely need to find a better balance.

I think I just figured, if I can hit it hard for a couple of months, it'll happen faster and I'll get quicker results.

It's all about timing with the carbs, I'm just not sure when is the best time of day!!
  • salbags2
    Options
    Defo early on in the day for carbs - I think of it just like fuel. Why fuel up your body for action at dinner time when you might just be eating and then sitting down for a few hours and then going to bed for 8 hours. If you've stocked up on carbs you're body is ready to work and if you sleep it just thinks - "oh - ok, let's just store this if we're not using it".

Of course if you exercise after dinner that's another thing, but for me I get it in for breakfast and lunch and then a lighter dinner.

I hear what you're saying about hitting it hard to start off - just don't fall into the very low cal = better weight loss frame of mind. It's a hard one to break. You can loose fat and gain muscle at much higher calorific intakes up to 2000 depending on your type of exercise.

x
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Totally inspirational! Wow!

You shredded it!
  • LizMarx2014
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! May I ask how much oats? I made some oatmeal - and a cup of cooked oats looked like too much, but I ate most of it anyway.

I'm inspired. I've gotten all kinds of advice, doctors, nurses, everybody....the only one who knows me my whole life is me, and I'm the one who has to decide what to do. I'm 5'2" hate to sit still (2 workouts a day, no problem, great idea) and somehow managed to sneak in a good deal of pizza and bread and desserts til I got caught off guard by life. Never overweight by more than 10 or 15 pounds in my life and now I'm obese.

I hate the way I look and I'm trying not to let it get me so far down that I give up.
  • enipla
    enipla Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • m0dizzle
    m0dizzle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good work!
  • pinkgurl361
    pinkgurl361 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I usually start and then quit lol, but im determined this time. Hopefully I get results like yours :)
  • jubosaint
    jubosaint Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic! I may get that DVD after seeing those results. Even if I can't complete the entire workout at first, it should help right? As long as I try every day.
  • JRTowner
    JRTowner Posts: 3
    Options
    I think you have done amazingly well. I know you have been eating clean and your calories are a bit on the low side but regardless of this I am so impressed. Well done! I'm on day 7 of the shred today and haven't been careful with my diet but your pics have inspired me. Thanks for sharing.
  • blackizbutiful
    blackizbutiful Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    awesome results...I've started combining 30ds with banish fat boost metabolism...I'm excited to see where Im at in 30 days...such an inspiration
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!