whole 30 tpye eating

Options
Hey

Anyone on the whole 30 or live by the general rules of it?? Thinking of giving it a go to reset my system.

Replies

• fitpiglet24
    fitpiglet24 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just started like a week ago! I've always ate healthy whole foods/ dairy and gluten free, but I think I may have some form of insulin resistance cause anytime i ate any type of food with sugar (fruit, even quinoa) I would feel so tired and just blahhh. So i cut out all grains and fruit except for raspberries and holy hell! It was like an immediate change and I have enrgy and my mood is stable and I consider myself to be toned and in really good shape but after eliminating grains and fruit, everything is extra tight and I don't feel "puffy" or bloated after eating. I also feel more focused. Give it a try, I'm sure you'll see a bunch of improvements. The only downfall is the grocery bill, but thats cause I find myself to be hungry like every two hours so I end up eating a ton but my body seems to love it!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Are you a Nintendo? You don't need to reset anything.

Start here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • moglovesshoez
    moglovesshoez Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I eat paleo (with occasional cheats), definitely worth doing the initial whole 30, you'll feel rubbish for a few days while the nasties leave your system but after that you can feel the change :)
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I eat paleo (with occasional cheats), definitely worth doing the initial whole 30, you'll feel rubbish for a few days while the nasties leave your system but after that you can feel the change :)

What "nasties" leave your system during the whole 30?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

The nasties leaving your system is your body adjusting to the lower carb in take (Whole 30 is not meant to be low carb but tends to be lower than a lot of us eat). That and adjusting to one cup of coffee a day.
    There is nothing special about Whole 30 that cleanses or restarts you.

I'll be honest, I've done it. My husband wanted to try it and he always goes along with me so I did It for him. I actually really liked it. The food was good, I wasn't hungry. I did drop weight but I also wasn't drinking alcohol or snacking like I was before so that alone would be enough.
    It is a lot of prep work. If you do try it, I suggest getting the book. It lays out how to plan balanced meals. There is also a website. It's not just about cutting out foods.

I don't object to the basic of the idea - eat protein, a bit of fat and lots of veggies. I think a lot of people could benefit from that. I still build my meals that way. The restrictiveness is what kills it.

ETA - I focused on keeping my carbs up because of my activity level so I didn't really have any nastiness.
  • fitpiglet24
    fitpiglet24 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I consider myself to be toned and in really good shape but after eliminating grains and fruit, everything is extra tight and I don't feel "puffy" or bloated after eating.

Said the girl who only wanted to lose 6lbs.

EDIT: Didn't copy the whole quote the first time :\ Doh.

6 lbs? is that what my profile says? Not trying to be a smartass but I actually don't want to lose any weight.. that's besides the point though. I think that regardless of why you want to try the whole 30, it will deff benefit you in some way she or form. Everyone has their take on paleo and whether its beneficial or not but I've seen and felt a positive difference so you might as well give it a shot!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    ^^^This.

If you eat less than you burn, you will lose weight. Eat "healthy" (whatever that means to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to bingeing.

Read the Sexypants link.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

The nasties leaving your system is your body adjusting to the lower carb in take (Whole 30 is not meant to be low carb but tends to be lower than a lot of us eat). That and adjusting to one cup of coffee a day.

I'll be honest, I've done it. My husband wanted to try it and he always goes along with me so I did It for him. I actually really liked it. The food was good, I wasn't hungry. I did drop weight but I also wasn't drinking alcohol or snacking like I was before so that alone would be enough.
    It is a lot of prep work. If you do try it, I suggest getting the book. It lays out how to plan balanced meals. There is also a website. It's not just about cutting out foods.

I don't object to the basic of the idea - eat protein, a bit of fat and lots of veggies. I think a lot of people could benefit from that. I still build my meals that way. The restrictiveness is what kills it.

ETA - I focused on keeping my carbs up because of my activity level so I didn't really have any nastiness.

I've done Primal, Paleo, and other low-carb diets. I know about the low-carb slump you can experience. IMO low-carb slump=/="nasties" leaving your body. You are simply having to adjust to having less "quick fuel" in the form of carbs in your body. The only reason I asked my original question is because I was curious what these "nasties" are that the PP spoke of. To me, it's kind of like detox diets that remove "toxins." I want to know what the toxins are and why they aren't removed through normal body functions. I was curious if I now had something else I needed to watch out for: nasties.

My daily meal plan looks like the second bolded, but I also enjoy my carbs so I eat them. My diet is high in protein, high in veggies, moderate on carbs, and moderate on fat.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I've done Primal, Paleo, and other low-carb diets. I know about the low-carb slump you can experience. IMO low-carb slump=/="nasties" leaving your body. You are simply having to adjust to having less "quick fuel" in the form of carbs in your body. The only reason I asked my original question is because I was curious what these "nasties" are that the PP spoke of. To me, it's kind of like detox diets that remove "toxins." I want to know what the toxins are and why they aren't removed through normal body functions. I was curious if I now had something else I needed to watch out for: nasties.

My daily meal plan looks like the second bolded, but I also enjoy my carbs so I eat them. My diet is high in protein, high in veggies, moderate on carbs, and moderate on fat.

I was making the same point you are in that there are no nasties.