Orzo recipes

Options
Aross83
Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
anyone have any good orzo recipes?
I think i may make a orzo and veggie salad of some sort that i saw on Pinterest.

Replies

• tammycolbert
    tammycolbert Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I just made one with Orzo pasta, red grape tomatoes, yellow grape tomatoes, fat free feta cheese and I used a Greek Dressing, it was so good. If you don't want the greek dressing, you can use a half cup of olive oil and half cup of white wine vineger. And I am sure you can put whatever other veggies you want. Its the feta that makes it so good.
  • greenaznpanda
    greenaznpanda Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do a similar Greek pasta salad with orzo, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, and marinated artichoke hearts. Another one I like a lot is orzo with bocchini (or mozzarella), tomato, and basil.
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I often make this recipe during summer:

Orzo, a good handful of fresh dill, chick peas, feta cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, green onion (or sometimes red onion), salt & pepper.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I like to make chicken piccata and put it on a bed of orzo, maybe with a tiny bit of feta (I'm kind of a salt freak...). The lemon/caper sauce works really well with little pasta.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    orzo, chicken breast or thigh, artichoke hearts, garlic, onions, chicken stock and ranch dressing. start by searing the chicken, remove from pan. Add in the onions and garlic and sautee until slightly translucent. Throw in artichoke hearts. Add cooked orzo and cut up chicken meat with a little chicken stock and ranch dressing. Season with garlic salt and pepper. Amazing.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Oh never mind, I thought this said ouzo. But this is good too, I’ll see if anything sounds worth a try.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Garlic Lemon Shrimp Orzo ?
  • ordinaryloser
    ordinaryloser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This Greek Orzo dish was paired with the Mediterranean Chicken below it:

DSC_5709.JPG
    DSC_5731.JPG

http://www.fortheloveofcooking.net/2010/05/greek-orzo.html

I enjoyed both recipes.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    This one sounds good and similar to the recipe i found on pinterest. minus the feta.. not a cheese person..
    I often make this recipe during summer:

Orzo, a good handful of fresh dill, chick peas, feta cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, green onion (or sometimes red onion), salt & pepper.