Hello friends, just finished my first marathon...and I feel

monicat623
monicat623 Posts: 12
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Curious how many other marathoners we have in our community. Would love to get to know you better for support, motivation and maybe training! :smile:

Replies

• *waves* Hi! I'm training for my very first marathon (Grandma's in Duluth in June)....so, how was it?!?!?!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Looking forward to my first in mid may.
    Congrats on yours, how did it go?
  • I've run in grandma's for the past 2 years now. It's a great experience up there and I now plan on going every year.
  • Hey all...I had a great time!! I've done half marathons in the past so it was a little discouraging at first to know that when I hit mile 13 that I wasn't done yet but I just pushed through. I wasn't really concerned about time, just finishing. This will probably be my first and last because I have really bad knees but good to know it's another item off of my bucket list! Happy Running to all!! =D

I've never heard of the Grandma one, how is that?
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Great job! That is a serious feat even to finish. I hope to run one myself in the next year or so.
  • Congratulations! I am currently training for my first marathon, too! I changed my settings to a 50-25-25 diet. I am finding it SO difficult to get enough protein. Any pointers??
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    I ran my first marathon on 10/31/10...the Marine Corps Marathon. It was a great experience...training was hard and very time consuming. I am considering doing another one, but where the training is so much I am not sure about it. But I really really want to improve on my time since I hit the wall around mile 18 or so. I love half marathons, I have my next one coming up in Feb!!! Can't wait!!!!
  • Yay I'm a big fan of the 13.1 too! It's a great feeling mentally to see mile 10 then know you're almost done!! =D My next half will be in April and then September.
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 674 Member
    I have my first half Feb 20th. I hope to do a full within the next year. I lack motivation in the training department. I really need to get my butt in gear and stay on schedule when i start training for the full
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    I ran Mohawk Hudson River in NY last year, and I am running Boston this year! =)
  • Monica, this is Grandmas: http://grandmasmarathon.com/site/ Maybe see you there Jimbo!
This discussion has been closed.