HI everyone!

Options
Well, I joined a couple of days ago once I went back and forth with another site to see which one I liked better. This site is definitely the one and very easy to get around on. I have also loved seeing everyone's posts and positive attitudes.
I have goals-to lose weight and then maintain in the REAL WORLD! I always start diets and then end up failing because 'my food' isn't around me therefore making me feel like a failure- then I just blow it. I had lost 6 lbs before Christmas and have gained it back. My goal for Valentine's Day is 170. I can't remember the last time I was that. I can get down to 175 after MUCH effort and then I blow it. It is so much mental, emotional and physical work to get there. Being 5'9 I would love to be 150. And it seems sooo far away!
Another goal is to continuously exercise to lose and tone up. I don't know if anyone else is like this but every time I work out-especially with weights-I gain. I'm sure I am not alone and I know I am building muscle but for crying out loud --when the scale keeps the same or even goes up-I just lose it! So I need to keep with the exercise because it is what's healthiest and I also feel great when I do. You'd think that be enough alone! Plus, my husband loves my mood better when I exercise and for some reason when he knows I am trying to keep myself healthy he is happier in general. My life is so complicated sometimes huh?
Okay, well, hi everyone and thanks for answering other questions I had so quickly! Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Replies

• tryinghard
    Options
    Well, I joined a couple of days ago once I went back and forth with another site to see which one I liked better. This site is definitely the one and very easy to get around on. I have also loved seeing everyone's posts and positive attitudes.
    I have goals-to lose weight and then maintain in the REAL WORLD! I always start diets and then end up failing because 'my food' isn't around me therefore making me feel like a failure- then I just blow it. I had lost 6 lbs before Christmas and have gained it back. My goal for Valentine's Day is 170. I can't remember the last time I was that. I can get down to 175 after MUCH effort and then I blow it. It is so much mental, emotional and physical work to get there. Being 5'9 I would love to be 150. And it seems sooo far away!
    Another goal is to continuously exercise to lose and tone up. I don't know if anyone else is like this but every time I work out-especially with weights-I gain. I'm sure I am not alone and I know I am building muscle but for crying out loud --when the scale keeps the same or even goes up-I just lose it! So I need to keep with the exercise because it is what's healthiest and I also feel great when I do. You'd think that be enough alone! Plus, my husband loves my mood better when I exercise and for some reason when he knows I am trying to keep myself healthy he is happier in general. My life is so complicated sometimes huh?
    Okay, well, hi everyone and thanks for answering other questions I had so quickly! Hope to hear from some of you soon!
  • rockymtnguy
    Options
    Hi tryinghard, Welcome. Well I can understand the frustration. My thoughts are lots of arobic acttivity, light weight high rep's. And yes, you'll feed the machine for a while, but you will indeed begin burning fuel. Stay with it, don't get down. Stay positive, use this site to your advantage, and I'd be willing to bet you'll start dropping LBS. Again welcome. :happy:
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    Welcome aboard.:flowerforyou: I am just like you, worked like a mad woman this week and the scale did not budge.... Very frustating when all you want is just a little reward, even a pound would of been nice. But I guess the key is to just keep it up and not be a slave to the scale. See you around.
    Dawn
  • JEAN1
    JEAN1 Posts: 1
    Options
    i JUST JOINED TODAY AND I AM GOING TO NEED LOTS OF SUPPORT. iT IS REALLY HARD FOR ME TO LOSE WEIGHT BECAUSE I HAVE A HARD TIME WORKING OUT DUE TO A MUSCLE DISEASE CALLED MYASTHENIA GRAVIS. I AM ALSO A DIABETIC AND HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY FEET. I AM ONLY 51 YEARS YOUNGGGGGGGGGGGG AND REFUSE TO LET MY BODY GIVE UP. I FELL LIKE IF I COULD LOSE SOME WEIGHT IT WOULD HAVE TO HELP. RIGHT?? I AM ON LOTS OF MED'S FOR ONE THING OR ANOTHER AND HAVE SO MUCH YET TO DO WITH MY FAMILY AND GRANDCHILDREN. PLEASE KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS AND SHARE ANY HELPFUL HINTS.

JEAN
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    HI Jean,
    I'm a fellow diabetic. I know how hard it can be to keep on track. Hang in there, there are a lot of great people on this site who will help you and encourage you. Don't give up!
    Cowboy
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Well Hi back at ya and Welcome.
    It's good to have you here with us.
    :flowerforyou: