How to remove exercise calories from daily allowance?

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm learning the ropes here and have started logging calories and exercise.

I burned off about 300 calories at the gym today and after I logged it in, my food diary now shows that I am allowed to eat those extra 300 calories.

However I do NOT want to eat the exercise calories.

Is there some way to adjust my settings so that I can log my exercise but not have the calories added to my daily total?

Replies

• mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Log your exercise but just put 1 calorie burned.
  • ndelsarto
    ndelsarto Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I log my exercise in my "exercise notes."
  • clover04750
    Options
    Why wouldn't you want to eat those calories? Burning more means you need more fuel to function. I have found that MFP requires and expects exercise within a diet plan. Even with toning up, you will be burning muscle if you don't eat those calories.

What I did was go into the "Advanced nutrition" section and edit the percentages for "carbs, protein, and fat" All three must equal 100%. I'm trying to maintain my weight, but I found a great article on how to calculate nutritional goals for weight loss:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/84673-calculate-nutrition-goals-weight-loss/

You should definitely consume more calories when you're burning more energy. Not doing so can send your body into starvation mode and therefor increase your weight, increase likelihood of binging, and discourage you from making a permanent dedication to your healthy changes. Try tweaking the kinds of foods you eat for weight loss instead of minimizing your consumption.
  • mrssunflowers
    mrssunflowers Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you MebePiglet, that's a great idea!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend calculating your TDEE caloric requirements if you don't plan on eating back your calories. MFP is based on NEAT calories and expects you to eat back your exercise burn to remain at the net deficit it provides.