7 months, 50 lbs, an excuse to cosplay (with pics)

Options
UmmSqueaky
UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
Long story short: I had a lot more fun at my favorite convention this last weekend than I have in the past. This is due in large part to the fact that I weigh 50 lbs less than I did at my last one, and love how I look in my pictures.

For comparison, this is a year ago. Not my highest weight, but hovering in the 190s. I enjoyed dressing up, but didn't feel like showing the pictures around:

14565894351_effb1f149a_o.jpg

This is my highest weight, 205 and the picture that woke me up 7 months ago. I showed this picture to no one. In fact, I had quite a few pictures in this costume that were tagged on FB and I went through to untag them all so they didn't show up on my timeline:

14410867420_d3b9cf1abe_z.jpg

And this was this last weekend, 50 lbs lighter than the awful picture above. I'm thrilled and flashing them around everywhere lol.

14617513603_2f48aa6e1a_z.jpg

14567551824_5433a879d5_o.jpg

14410831118_cf1a45bc3a_z.jpg

14410855179_d725245f17_z.jpg

14410936839_28b4fc8b11_z.jpg

I still have a bit more to go, but I know now that I can do it and that I will be able to reach my goal. One year from now, I'm going to do the costume with the big gun in the last picture. Doing the research now - thankfully I have a year cuz I'm no good with sharp pointy objects and constructing things. But, if I can finally manage to lose weight, I think I can cut, glue and paint some foam.

Replies

• Joyfulkneves23
    Joyfulkneves23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    OMG you look AWESOME!!!! Congrats on your success, what a difference :)
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love the cosplay and Doctor Who in general. My friends and I have been wanting to do a big group cosplay but no one can agree on a Con or a theme, LOL.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    You look great. I can't wait to see next year's cosplay :happy:
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It just makes me so happy to see so many SPN and Doctor Who references in one place :-D ! Great loss, congrats, and good luck on next years Rose. I hope to lose mine by next year so I can pull of a good Amy (already a ginger :-) )
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    WOW, great work! You have reason to be thrilled...enjoy it!
  • impromark
    impromark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Don't. Blink. You'll miss evidence of an awesome transformation!

Mark
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Woot! That's a fantastic transformation...and I love your cosplay...!

(I'm a cosplayer, too, and all of my weight loss/fitness goals seem to center around different characters, lol...I am DETERMINED to be Lara Croft before i'm 40.)
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,493 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are awesome! So is Dr Who!
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    You look amazing!! You can definitely see the confidence gleaming in the last two photos! LOVE.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Woot! That's a fantastic transformation...and I love your cosplay...!

(I'm a cosplayer, too, and all of my weight loss/fitness goals seem to center around different characters, lol...I am DETERMINED to be Lara Croft before i'm 40.)

OMG, I love this goal.

Cosplayer here, too, and weight can make such a big difference to how well people "see" the character you're trying to portray. I fully believe that people should cosplay at any weight they want, but man, it was such a change for me to cosplay after losing weight.

Congrats on your success and thanks for showing us your great costumes!
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That Dalek Princess gown is brilliant fun! Love it.
  • SwampWitch75
    SwampWitch75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great job! How tall are you?
  • UmmSqueaky
    Options
    Thanks for all the compliments fellow Whovians and Hunters. I've done Sherlock in the past and should have pulled that together too so I could have done the trifecta of SuperWhoLock at a single con. There's always next year, although the theme is doubleplusgood - dystopia, so my brain is already thinking about what dystopic films or novels I want to cosplay from.

I'm a shorty, 5'1.
  • golf4g
    golf4g Posts: 58
    Options
    Huge congrats! You look smashing in that British flag outfit. And, your wigs fit much better too!!! lol There's nothing like having fun in costume. I'm a big fan too. Have 4 huge plastic containers full of them. My favorite is the Wench!!!! Wore it to a 3 day golf event. What a hoot. Continued success to you!
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    awesome! :) cosplay is such a good motivator for me in my fitness journey x)
  • UmmSqueaky
    Options
    Huge congrats! You look smashing in that British flag outfit. And, your wigs fit much better too!!! lol There's nothing like having fun in costume. I'm a big fan too. Have 4 huge plastic containers full of them. My favorite is the Wench!!!! Wore it to a 3 day golf event. What a hoot. Continued success to you!

LOL yes, in the last 7 months I did a great deal of wig related research. I now have a whole tub of wigs. I colored the roots on the blond wig, although I went a bit overboard up front and think I will end up trying to wash out the roots and redo them.
  • ellewalkify
    Options
    wow, this is inspiring. looks like you had a great time!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Nice job, keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!