Gained back 20 lbs, I'm back again!

Options
oxnina
oxnina Posts: 203 Member
Hey everyone,
Its been a Yo-Yo battle for me. This is my 3rd time back to Myfitness pal. I always see the results when i count my calories, but I always drop off and have trouble maintaining!
Last time on MFP, i lost 20 lbs!
I'm a 23 year old female with Ideally 50 lbs or so to lose!

Who wants to join me and lose this weight! :)

Add me :)

Replies

• goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. :) The same thing happened to me, and it looks like we have similar weight loss goals too. Lost 30 pounds, took a break from counting and gained 20 back. Hopefully the weight will stay off this time.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I too am back... lost 60, got sick and frustrated, stopped counting and have now gained back about 15lbs. Time to stop kidding myself and get back to what was working...
  • 362436iwish
    Options
    I got 20 to lose also everytime I lose I get comfortable and gain it back
  • anascosta86
    Options
    Sadly, same thing happenned to me. Welcome back. :)
  • amysaurus
    amysaurus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same story! Lost 33, gained a lot back. Would ideally like to hit 137-140
  • rhonda6374
    rhonda6374 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi I was not counting for about 2 months and gained a few pounds. I lost them back however and am ready to start really trying again. I start off doing great then lose my motivation. You can friend me if you like. We can do this!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    It happens to everyone...dont sweat it to much. Just get back on it and good luck!
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It sounds like we are in the same boat. I lost 30 pounds and have slowly gained it back over the last two years. I could use some motivation and friends so please add me too. We all know what to do, we just need to get motivated and do it! I have a cruise coming up in 11 weeks and starting today I am going to commit to logging in every day and doing what I need to do to get slim and trim for the summer. We can do it!
  • texas_state11
    texas_state11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    We've all been where your I spent 900$ going to a weightloss doctor where I lost 50 lbs to only gain back 100 lbs. As long as you realize what your doing and you keep trying thats all you can ask of yourself.
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    same here - feel free to add me for more support
  • healthyfit125
    healthyfit125 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    same boat, I've gained back 15

feel free to add me as well :) just remember we can DO this, just take each day with the intention of being a little better than the last!
  • daisyduke40
    daisyduke40 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm back too. Gained 20 pounds and really feeling in the dumps. Hopefully with all the support we can all achieve our goal!!!!
    :smile:
  • dlhollin1
    dlhollin1 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    my goal is 50, that would be an incedible accomplishment... look forward to hearing your reports as you achive your goal, we can do it...
  • ilovemysailorflood
    ilovemysailorflood Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am also 23 and struggling with my weight. My goal is to lose around thirty more pounds. I would be happy to have a buddy my age that seems to struggle in the same ways I do.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I think that the key is realizing that there is no end goal. I've accepted that I will probably always log my food because to do otherwise will cause me to be less vigilant of my calories. It only takes me a couple of minutes a day at this point.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

Hey, if it worked before and you gained when you left, then don't leave.

Some people keep a journal every day. Why not a fitness journal?
    I am also a yo-yo, back for the second time
  • upliftingtherapy
    upliftingtherapy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It really happens to almost everyone. But let's get back to focus and get it done. Good luck everyone.
  • Nikitsa1
    Nikitsa1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too...back today....starting officially, again tomorrow. Feel really lost and confused. Too many food rules, food combinations...food portions blah blah blah. When will it sink in? A calorie I s a calorie. Went low carb high fat and gained 11 pounds. What was i allowing myself to believe. I am surrendering to this plan. Calories in...calories out no matter what they say!!!!!
  • christarae1
    christarae1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also! It will always be a struggle for me, so I will probably be a lifer here lol! I try to eat clean at least 5 days a week, and keep my journal open to try and keep me accountable. I can always use new friends to keep motivated as long as they do the same for me in return! I need the love also! ;)
  • Nikitsa1
    Nikitsa1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How do we add each other???