45 lb goal! Looking for friends on the journey!

Options
I am a 45 year old woman from Boston, MA and looking to lose this weight once a for all...would love some support along the journey! As a single mom I could use more energy to keep up with my 9 year old... as well as the confidence to get back on the dating scene again! But more than anything it's about getting healthy for me. Let me know if you'd like to connect!

Thanks!

Replies

• cdealtry
    cdealtry Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, MFP is a great source of help and motivation, been a daily companion for me, available to add as a friend :-)
  • rhonda6374
    rhonda6374 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend if you like. I am 44 looking to lose 60-70 more pounds.
  • mojo41mfp
    mojo41mfp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me too. I'm 41 years old and looking to lose 40 lbs x
  • tutortail
    tutortail Posts: 1
    Options
    My goal is to lose another 50. I have lost 28 so far. Please add me as a friend. I am 53....ugh. Mother of three grown children. :bigsmile: I am trying to get healthy and be a sexy grandma.
  • Bead109
    Bead109 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am reaching that 40s midpoint this year and want to lose 45 lbs. Feel free to friend me and we can all work on this together! x
  • Aryansmom
    Aryansmom Posts: 2
    Options
    Working to losing 50lbs by the end of the year and a new mom of a 6 month old.. Feel free to add me.. we can motivate each other..
  • anandemetrio
    anandemetrio Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI there! Well Its been years that I haven't worked out and I bought a treadmill last winter and am barely using it now. Its ok though. I have gained a significant amount of weight and would like to lose about 60 pounds. This is hard for me because I am extremely lazy but I need to do something this is getting out of control and I am only 31. I weigh 240 lbs and I am a mom to a 13year old and 8 year old. They are active boys that keep me on my toes. I have to be able to keep up so yes I can relate!!!!

One day at a time right?!
  • loveowens1
    loveowens1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i'm a single mom of a 9 year old daughter and 20 year old daughter. My goal is to lose about 20lbs.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. I've got at least another 45 - 50 pounds to go! I turn 40 in a month and I'm motivated to be the best I've ever been in my 40's!! Woooo hoooo!!! :drinker:
  • Sactown900
    Sactown900 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it.

I lost 31 on MFP in a year. Goofed off since January(turned 60) and gained 15 back. I am right back on it with the gym and cycling to work. I am still down 33 lbs from my worst days in 2001(262), but my best months are when I keep a daily journal. It keeps me on my toes. If breakfast and lunch put me near my limit for that day, then dinner is VERY lite and I go for an hour walk with the dogs.

Hang in there. This works.
  • Sonja1211
    Sonja1211 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am just starting and aiming for 50lbs! We can both do it!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Can add me I'm trying to get back on the wagon probably have 15lbs to lose:flowerforyou:
  • Luckyfish72
    Luckyfish72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Please add me! Im almost too embarrassed to add people I actually know! I'm not new to MFP, but I am renewing my dedication to losing my excess weight. I'm a single mom of three boyz: 18,16 and now a 20 month old. I have lost about 50 pounds since my baby was born. I was losing about 1-2 pounds a week then hit a plateau, that's when I discovered "paleo". I did a 10 day run where I followed exactly, then allowed myself a cheat day. The day after I was so sick, I decided I would try hard to follow this way the majority of the time. I am a huge carb freak, so it's been very difficult. Cereal is my downfall, I crave cereal... Who does that???? Anyways, I decided if I could do it 80% of the week I'd be better off then not doing it. I am starting a weightlifting program at my house, so maybe that will help too. I would like to lose another 50, but I give myself short goals I losing 10 then keeping it off a week or two before I set another goal. Good luck on your journey!
  • duvallgal
    duvallgal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a 52 yr old women with two teenagers 14 and 16 girls and need to lose 100 lbs. You can add me as a friend.
  • plsb
    plsb Posts: 3
    Options
    New to MyFitnessPal, was using Livestrong Tracker but it keeps freezing on me lately. I will join you, I need to lose 40 lbs. My boys are almost all grown and off to college in the fall except for one, so I am way less active than I use to be. None of my clothes fit, and I would like to wear them again someday! :smile:
  • mvcardenas
    Options
    Need to lose 40lbs.
  • shannonahenderson
    Options
    I am a 45 year old woman from Boston, MA and looking to lose this weight once a for all...would love some support along the journey! As a single mom I could use more energy to keep up with my 9 year old... as well as the confidence to get back on the dating scene again! But more than anything it's about getting healthy for me. Let me know if you'd like to connect!

Thanks!

Hey there! We're in the same boat... single, 40+, a very active 10yro son and making a lifetime commitment to this lifestyle journey! Looking forward to adding you as a friend!

Good luck!
  • Jinnie69
    Jinnie69 Posts: 22
    Options
    Lost 55, gained 15 due to illness and medication, getting back on track. Good luck to you, you can do it.
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'm about half way to 45 pounds lost at age 47. Feel free to add me!
  • sue36
    sue36 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Add me! I have about 32 to go. I have gained back a few. Starting all over again.