Need Help calculating Rice quantity...

Options
Mangoaddict
Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
I have been eating in quarter size plates for dinner, not big plates, just for portion control. I had basmati indian rice today but only ate half of my quarter plate of rice. I am wondering how many calories that would be? Any idea? Also, how much would it be in grams?

Replies

• Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I have been eating in quarter size plates for dinner, not big plates, just for portion control. I had basmati indian rice today but only ate half of my quarter plate of rice. I am wondering how many calories that would be? Any idea? Also, how much would it be in grams?
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    There is no way for us to know for sure. How high was it piled, how wide, etc, etc. If you had exact measurements perhaps some geometry could give an estimate. I would guess 1/2 to a full cup, but your guess is probably better. Can you get out a measuring cup for comparison (and to measure with next time?) Just do your best estimate for now.

Good luck:happy:
  • alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    Options
    1 serving of rice is usually 1/4 cup uncooked or 3/4 cup cooked. The amount of calories varies per type of rice. The amount of calories also depends if you add oil or butter or anything else.