Has anyone had success throwing the scale away?

Options
2»

Replies

• StacyPhillipsTSFLcoach
    Options
    I am in maintenance now, and although I do continue to weigh every few days to keep an eye on the numbers I mostly rely on my jeans. They are not stretchy, they are size 2 Tommy Hilfigger Jeans, and they tell me the absolute truth every time I put them on especially straight out of the dryer LOL.

Muffin top=time to get serious.
    No muffin top=I'm doing a great job maintaining my 150 pound weight loss.

Size 2? Make sure you are healthy please. that is usually not a heathful thing for anyone.
    Congrats on the 150 though that is very hard. good job

Thank you for your concern. I'm not sure what you mean by "that is not healthy for anyone". I am 5 foot 3 and my BMI is 22. A current size 2 is what used to be a size 6, 10-15 years ago. It's called vanity sizing. And I hope it doesn't freak you out that I have a few dresses in a size 0, and they fit also.
  • StacyPhillipsTSFLcoach
    Options
    I am in maintenance now, and although I do continue to weigh every few days to keep an eye on the numbers I mostly rely on my jeans. They are not stretchy, they are size 2 Tommy Hilfigger Jeans, and they tell me the absolute truth every time I put them on especially straight out of the dryer LOL.

Muffin top=time to get serious.
    No muffin top=I'm doing a great job maintaining my 150 pound weight loss.

Size 2? Make sure you are healthy please. that is usually not a heathful thing for anyone.
    Congrats on the 150 though that is very hard. good job

In America clothes are so vanity sized that now a 2 is more like a 5-6 or even a 7-8 when I was young.

This is correct.
  • bkk40in2011
    Options
    OK that made me laugh about the vanity sizing. I didn't know that. That is really cool that you know that and own it! I bet you look great and feel great!
  • vcharmergirl
    vcharmergirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    nice job!
  • danaaae
    danaaae Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I ditched the scale. For me it was making or breaking my day and once I started lifting weights it went up a few pounds and stayed up...and I was/am in a caloric deficit. So I had my daughter hide it from me almost an entire month ago and I feel good about it. I find that I watch what I eat a lot more closely and I'm keeping an eye on how my clothes fit. Nothing has gotten tighter, and people have recently started commenting that I look like I'm losing weight. I'm wearing a shirt today that I haven't worn in a few weeks and it seems looser, and I'm starting to see some increased definition in my bicep! I will weigh probably sometime in late August. I say give it a try. It has been a good thing for me.