What Is Your Greatest Food Addiction?

Options

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be all semantic here, and say what do you mean by greatest food addiction? (1) The thing I can't resist if it's in front of me? (2) The thing I can eat and never stop eating until everyone around me is staring horrified? (3) The thing that I still eat, but eat a restricted amount of it because I know it's not necessarily what I need to meet my nutrition/calorie/macro?

Here's my answers
    (1) homemade chocolate chip cookies
    (2) popcorn
    (3) cheese
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    trail mix
    or just nuts by themselves
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Simple carbs, in most common forms, candy, cakes, ice cream, bagels, breads, etc.

^^ This and cheese.
  • kristenonly
    kristenonly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Cheese! Especially Swiss! I actually fantasize about eating cheese.
  • RosanaRosanaDana
    RosanaRosanaDana Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Bread. I LOVE my recipe for homemade bread. I used to make two loaves every three-four days and my boyfriend and I would just destroy it with some butter or margin. I make it less now but I still find myself craving it constantly. But, I have noticed the past few times that I made it, it didn't taste as good. SO I do think it's more of your brain wanting something it knows it shouldn't have han your body actually needing it.
    Oh I never felt I needed it, I just WANT IT!
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat bread. Maybe cause this was my afterschool snack growing up, but it is the one food combination that I could eat till I got sick!

My solution: I don't buy peanut butter or jelly.
  • denise31992
    denise31992 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    potato chips. seriously, i love potato chips :)
  • HereLieWe
    HereLieWe Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bread. If I have to choose between a box of chocolates and a crusty, golden-brown loaf of rosemary bread, I'll always choose the latter. Only I can't stop at one slice.
  • ineedalifetbh
    ineedalifetbh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Doritos and stuffed crust pizza!
  • bkk40in2011
    Options
    For me Dr. Pepper and Blue Bell ice cream They trigger binges or days of being off track for me. The Dr. P thing I figured out a long time ago because of the high fructose corn syrup. Had an issue recently with the Blue Bell and looked and it had it too. Must be something that triggers a chemical swing in me. I stay away from the Dr. Pepper and then I don't crave it. The Blue Bell my family brings in the house all the time.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Candies, any kind but particularly ... sweettarts candies (which i have in front of me as I type right now).

This is my kryptonite too. It's not that I sit around and think "I sure could go for some Sweetarts" and then go on a mission to buy some, but once I have some, there's a switch that goes off that says "more more more". A lot of the reverse bro scientists say "you shouldn't cut out any foods you enjoy, just enjoy them in moderation" well they don't know what it's like when an almost reflexive need for more kicks in. I can portion control anything else, ice cream, pizza, cookies, but those simple candies, Sweetarts and Tootsie Rolls I'm going to have to never buy in bulk again.

Over the past month I've been digging into my stash of Halloween, Easter and Valentine's sale candy and I'm glad it's almost depleted.
  • dlkingsbury
    dlkingsbury Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    chips + dip
    ice cream
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Coca cola.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    pizza

When I see pizza I eat it (all of it) and if I can I will eat yours too
  • thyldburg
    thyldburg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream, Ice Cream, Ice Cream.... there is not even a close second . In years past, a 1/2 gallon was a single serving container for me..... fast forward to today, and its 2 scoops (1/2 cup)
  • Getsexilexi
    Getsexilexi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love cheese!
    oh and french fries with cheese
  • Bshaw2442
    Bshaw2442 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a few enemies in the food world.. Dr.Pepper( I used to drink nothing but this all day everyday! VERY strong addiction), Any type of carb really (pasta,bread, potatoes), candy (fruity flavored of course!!) and the devil it self CARAMEL. I could drink caramel, I no longer allow myself the struggle so I dont buy Dr.Pepper or caramel anymore. EVER. I drink nothing but water now and its been 6 months. I still crave DP from time to time but its tolerable. Caramel however, I try and fight the urge and most of the time I win. However there are a few times where I will give in and make myself happy for like 3 mins and then depressed because I consumed my full days worth of calories in one sitting. I guess it just depends on how badly I want that particular thing. As of right now I WANT to lose weight, more than anything else . So that definitely helps. Having a bad day once in a while is normal, I just try not to make bad habits of them again. But to me moderation is really hard to achieve when you crave/want these things so badly to begin with.
  • pav222
    pav222 Posts: 20
    Options
    FRESHLY MADE BREAD, TIGER BREAD LOAF OMG
  • bregrig
    bregrig Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Anything pasta related but if I had to be specific. Waitrose do this D.I.V.I.N.E Caesar pasta with parmesan flakes . . .f**k! it's like the creamiest, richest, garlickiest (I know that's not a word lol) tub of yum I have EVER eaten but the calories in it are effing HORRENDOUS

haha this made me so hungry :tongue:
  • CupcakesMom2
    CupcakesMom2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am right there with the other cheese addicts. I read somewhere that cheese addiction is a real addiction and I believe it.

My second addiction (but cheese is way ahead of this on the addiction scale) is bacon.