Easy Tip for Office Workers

Options
I got this idea from my First Sergeant...for those of us that sit at our desks alot of the time, try switching your chair to a 75 cm exercise ball! I've done it about 1/2 the day every day for the past week. You don't really feel anything while your sitting on it, but after a few hours my core felt a wee bit tighter! I also notice a sit up taller when I'm on it. Every bit helps, right?

Replies

• poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    My work would freak out if I did that.
  • annabanana05
    Options
    I have been wanting to try that I just wasn't sure what my work would think about it!
  • amy_marie
    amy_marie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My boss uses one of those! I dunno if I could balance on it all day lol
  • saramathers22
    Options
    That is certainly a great idea! But as Poisongirl said my work would also dislike that idea!!

And knowing my luck...I'd fall off!!!

Keep it up though :D
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to try that I just wasn't sure what my work would think about it!

I got some strange looks the first couple of days, but when I explained WHY I was doing it, I got alot of "Good idea, I may have to try that!"
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    I have considered it, but my desk is set so I can stand at it if i want, and I don't think that i could reach my desk properly if I had a bally ball at my desk. I do think I may switch it out for my craft room though.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea, but I know my boss would not approve. lol
  • sarcyman
    Options
    What a brilliant idea! I would never have thought of that. My boss has one of the chair things that you kneel at...helps your posture. I might ask before I just turn up with one! haha
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I have one for home, and it's awesome. I wish that they'd approve them for the office, but they're not too keen on the idea.