Ideas :)

Options
I would love to hear everyone's exercise schedule, types of exercise ( at gym or home ), how many times a week, and for how long.. If you're at the gym should you do weights and cardio in the same day, or should there be separate days? I'm getting ready to start back at the gym since school is about to start back up, and i'm looking for any new ideas, advice, motivation, etc. than anyone can give..

Thanks!

Replies

• eroni14
    eroni14 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    First of all, best of luck to you!

Here's my basic schedule:

Mondays & Wednesdays are cardio days:
    - 30 minutes on the treadmill (running and walking, as much running as possible)
    - Stretch
    - 10 minutes on the elliptical
    - 10 minutes on the rowing machine (the one where you push with your legs and pull with your arms at the same time)

Tuesdays & Thursdays are strength training:
    - 10-15 minute walk/jog on the treadmill
    - Stretch
    - Lunges
    - Crunches
    - Weights - our gym has a semi-circle of machines, I just make my way around to whatever is open and whatever I need to work, rotating between upper and lower body.

Just remember, your muscles need time to recover and relax, so if you're weight training, take a break between days. Or, work on different areas on different days. My weekends are pretty busy so I try and get as much done in 4 days as possible.

My tips:
    - NO MORE ALCOHOL OR SODA (I gave up drinking for Lent one year... Saw AMAZING results)
    - Don't weigh yourself every day. Pick a day and a time of that day, say Monday 7am, and check/record weekly. There's nothing more frustrating than watching your weight fluctuate when you feel like you're doing really well.
    - Change up the routine! Try the new machines, get on a bike every once in a while. If you've ever tried P90X, muscle confusion does some pretty great things for your body.

Again, best of luck!