Zumba at home?

Options
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has had a good weight loss doing Zumba at home? I have got the Zumba rush game for the Xbox Kinect been doing it on and off for a few months but want to do an hour at least three times a week. I did 84 minutes today and feel great :)
Looking to buy some of the DVDs also, can anyone suggest the good ones?

Any help will be much appreciated..

I'll just add I'm going to try to stick to 1200 calories a day and will try to log 10,500 steps daily (if I can, not even got 1000 today..oopps)

Replies

• KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight, 32 pounds, mainly with Zumba. I have 3 DVD workout sets that I've used. Now I'm cutting back on cardio and working on muscle building and strength training because I don't want to lose any more weight, and I'm having a hard time getting my head to move from weight loss to weight maintenance mode. I still find myself eating under my maintenance calories.
  • gingercaroline76
    gingercaroline76 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    HI. I am just starting to do Zumba at home on the WiiU. I am hoping I will see results but I have heard no matter where you do it, Zumba will give you results. I have a friend who has been doing zumba for over a year and I barely recognize her!!! I also do the Just Dance games on the Wii U for something different. They're fun and a good workout too. :)
  • fayesascade
    fayesascade Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight, 32 pounds, mainly with Zumba. I have 3 DVD workout sets that I've used. Now I'm cutting back on cardio and working on muscle building and strength training because I don't want to lose any more weight, and I'm having a hard time getting my head to move from weight loss to weight maintenance mode. I still find myself eating under my maintenance calories.

Thanks for your reply :)
    Wow 32lbs that's amazing :) I'm going to keep at then its so fun to do and I feel really energized afterwards. At the moment I'm doing some toning on my arms with push-ups and dips want to start the plank but its quite hard at the moment with the extra weight I'm carrying. I can feel my legs are getting toned just by doing the Zumba anyway so when I loose the lbs. hopefully they wont need as much work. I've hear of one of the Zumba DVD sets are really good will look into getting it.
    I find it hard to eat as many calories MFP says I need I'm only 5ft so I only need 1200 a day but most days I can't eat them and some days I go over, but I suppose if I'm going to do this properly this time I'll have to try to hit the mark.
    Can I ask you how long it took you to loose the 32lbs? Its a lot of weight well done :)
  • fayesascade
    fayesascade Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    HI. I am just starting to do Zumba at home on the WiiU. I am hoping I will see results but I have heard no matter where you do it, Zumba will give you results. I have a friend who has been doing zumba for over a year and I barely recognize her!!! I also do the Just Dance games on the Wii U for something different. They're fun and a good workout too. :)

Hi, thanks for your reply :)
    I love the zumba games I had the one for the Wii too until the console broke I think it's more comfortable when doing it at home but when I become a pro at it I will probably try a class or two :) I have one of the dance ones for the Kinect but find it quite hard to keep up with the moves sometimes (I'm a really bad dancer, but practice makes perfect I suppose :laugh:). I think I might put it on today and see how I go :)