What Is Your Greatest Food Addiction?

Options

Replies

• Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    anything crunchy salty and fries.

How I combat it is, I just don't keep it in my house. My son (4) went shopping with me the other day and wanted "bannana" (plantain chips) BIG MISTAKE....I devoured the entire container in less than 3 days.....

My will power when it comes to anything crunchy and salty is non-existent. I can watch my control with anything else (cake, chocolate, etc... I'm satisfied with a bite or two), but cannot stop when it comes to the above.
  • turtlebeth
    turtlebeth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. Can not have it in the house. If it is here, I will been gravitationally drawn to the jar with a large spoon and a quart of cold water. Yeah, no PB in my house no more(sad face). Moderation is not in my venue at this time in regards to the PB universe.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Hmm, if cheese causes a physiological need for more (and I'm going solely on what was said upthread) I wonder why I feel a compulsion to chow down on the high sugar candies (Sweet Tarts, Tootsie Rolls) and not cheese when, without question, I'd choose cheese if posed a choice between candy or cheese. With cheese, I can slice off 1/2 ounce (I don't even need to weigh it any more, I know exactly what 1/2 ounce looks like, regardless of type of cheese), eat it and not look back.

I guess I should be happy about that, so I can keep on having cheese (1 oz a day, every day, all while I've lost 150 pounds) whereas I'm banning specific candies.
  • sdouglas0728
    sdouglas0728 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Pizza. And Calzones. Basically anything with cheese and sauce.
    I'm looking into trying a recipe I found that involves making pizza crust with zucchinis, thus making it low carb...
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Oh man I love snack cakes. Zebra cakes. Banana pudding rolls. Pecan spinwheels. Cinnabons and cheese danishes. Holy cow.
    Thankyou Big Deborah! Haha.

big-deborah-1398820260_zpsc97457db.jpg

I'm also a huge chocolate milk addict. I used to drink it a lot when I was stressed out. It would be normal for me to stop at 7-11 every night after work and buy one of the HUGE containers of it and drink it within 10 minutes. That was a nightly thing for years. I still get a dry throat whenever I pass by chocolate milk at the grocery store >_> I still drink it when it fits my macros, but it's a trigger for me so I don't keep it in the house anymore or buy huge containers of it.
  • MimiMedrano
    Options
    trail mix with peanuts, cashews, almonds, raisins and m&m's ~~can't keep my hand out of the bag!!
  • greenaznpanda
    greenaznpanda Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For me it's cheese, and anything crispy and salty. Occasionally I binge on candy and chocolate but it's rare and few compared to cheese.
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Cheese! Anything and everything with cheese, I love all kinds of cheese! :love:
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Chocolate in pretty much any form (except dark, I've never liked dark chocolate), but it's gotta be the good stuff, cheap chocolate annoys me. Bread (good homemade stuff, not the bagged slices, mind). Sushi (the... oh, you get the drift, I'm picky in my cheat foods!)
  • Lindzpnc
    Lindzpnc Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hot Cheetos and

DARK CHOCOLATE covered strawberries.

but more the dark chocolate strawberriessssss yum
  • bambishealth
    bambishealth Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Mine is definitely Lindt Dark Chocolate. I can eat a whole bag of them in one sitting and not even realize I am doing it. They melt in your mouth and practically require no chewing..............SO GOOOOOOOOD!
  • wissabear
    wissabear Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke. I drink it like water. At least its low cal, but still not good for you.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Popcorn the old fashioned way in a kettle on the stove, but I haven't eaten it with butter on it since I was a kid, so that makes it alright, right? Well, in the interest of full disclosure, I'll also eat microwave or store bought, pretty much if it is popcorn I'm there til it is gone!
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    peanut butter.

<3

or pretzel bread....~~~
  • KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter, oreo's and cheese...
  • eshults89
    eshults89 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter!!! and i work for smuckers and its free all day! im glad i dont over indulge like i used to when i was a teenager!!!
  • eshults89
    eshults89 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    YES i love cheese too
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Any kind of bakery item....mostly cupcakes.
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    nice topic.. mine was cups of tea ..managed to kick that and now drink green teas instead ..
    but the main wallow had to be bread ..or anything bread related .. i have also managed to kick that habit but I'm off to New York next month and i know i will have to cave in eat some junk food while I'm there ..:blushing:
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    Fruits ( watermelon,grapes,etc) I'm just too crazy about fruits. I can eat it all the time and so much of it. They have a lot of sugar.